Latest SS frames

tunariaan

A question on a carbon rigidi fork, I’ve had my OnOne Rigid fork for about 5-6years now on 22261km according to Striver, it’s taken a fair amount of abuse how would one know it’s time to retire it ?

Fortunately for me this one has the allu/steel crown and steerer and a bit of flex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit of tension in that chain please

Elliptical chain tensioner sir.

With oval...

Edited by Warthog

With oval...

the oval makes sense then that the chain is hanging a bit in the pic... Always like that peace frame

A question on a carbon rigidi fork, I’ve had my OnOne Rigid fork for about 5-6years now on 22261km according to Striver, it’s taken a fair amount of abuse how would one know it’s time to retire it ?

Fortunately for me this one has the allu/steel crown and steerer and a bit of flex

Unlike metals carbon fibre is not subject to metal fatigue, so theoretically it should last you a very very long time. I would suggest taking it for a ultra sound check just to see if all is still fine and there is no delaminations caused by knocks.

Two options for you:

That Ritchey is a beauty

Have been looking for a few years at them

Its pretty similar to the 9 i think except for the drop out.

I got my wife that light blue 650b one-still need to finish the build

Have any of you seen the new Sir excepth for on the website?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Regarding my Ebb?

I do alot of races on my bike and it always seem that my ebb actually move after it has been torqued.

Round about the 80km mark to 120km?

Is this common or is my mechanic just doing it wrong.

Also have to mention that i live in a hilly area we do lots of standing pushing out some power through those cranks?

Unlike metals carbon fibre is not subject to metal fatigue, so theoretically it should last you a very very long time. I would suggest taking it for a ultra sound check just to see if all is still fine and there is no delaminations caused by knocks.

Before my niner fork i had the rapide.

What an amazing strong for

I ride hard and never had a any doubts about it.

It was only replaced by Niner

Niner is a stunning looking for and fits my bike.

With oval...

What does that chain tensioner look like and how does it work?

How does the oval work out for you?

And what kind of terrain do you normally ride?

Thats a fair amount????[emoji4]

Regarding my Ebb?

I do alot of races on my bike and it always seem that my ebb actually move after it has been torqued.

Round about the 80km mark to 120km?

Is this common or is my mechanic just doing it wrong.

Also have to mention that i live in a hilly area we do lots of standing pushing out some power through those cranks?

Having ridden Freedom Challenge, Trans Alps and pretty much every stage race in SA on my SIR9 your mechanic is doing it wrong... My EBB never moved. He may be using too much grease.

You should only put a small amount of grease on the 'lip' of the alu piece and run it round. The rest dry install. 

Also, to those being nasty about my Mercer... sometimes you're in a rush to build something and ride it and looks aren't important. I did sort it out properly with a bit of time (he says looking at CROCS on takealot) 

Edited by Jewbacca

Having ridden Freedom Challenge, Trans Alps and pretty much every stage race in SA on my SIR9 your mechanic is doing it wrong... My EBB never moved. He may be using too much grease.

You should only put a small amount of grease on the 'lip' of the alu piece and run it round. The rest dry install.

Also, to those being nasty about my Mercer... sometimes you're in a rush to build something and ride it and looks aren't important. I did sort it out properly with a bit of time (he says looking at CROCS on takealot)

Ok great

Thanks for that info

I will take it apart myself and install myself next time.

An Ebb is not that common so he might be putting on too much

What gear ratio did you run on Trance alps,k2c, Atta

Reason im asking its just nice to compare to myself

Ok great

Thanks for that info

I will take it apart myself and install myself next time.

An Ebb is not that common so he might be putting on too much

What gear ratio did you run on Trance alps,k2c, Atta

Reason im asking its just nice to compare to myself

Gear ratio would depend on how strong I was (or felt).. My fastest SS Atta was 6;37 and I ride 36/20. But 33/19 is my happy place and I generally leave that on for everything. I did put a 20 on for Lesotho sky though.... I have never done k2c.... it looks long and boring  :ph34r:

Gear ratio would depend on how strong I was (or felt).. My fastest SS Atta was 6;37 and I ride 36/20. But 33/19 is my happy place and I generally leave that on for everything. I did put a 20 on for Lesotho sky though.... I have never done k2c.... it looks long and boring :ph34r:

Thats a good Atta time.

My best is.7:17

Was going for sub 7 this year but had the worst mechanical ride ever

Im not one for open flat roads but K2c was a challenge..starting in D and needing to pass the masses in the first 15km

Its got some climbing but also awesome descents on a rigid????

Let me be more specific, it is a lovely looking bike .. but the cables out front are a bit llloooonnnngggg :P

http://mercerbikes.co.za/assets/ACF-Bergie-in-the-pink1-comp.jpg

I used to run a 32x20 on my old on one 29'er .... but I am not exactly built for climbing, so this worked well for me as an all round.

Let me be more specific, it is a lovely looking bike .. but the cables out front are a bit llloooonnnngggg :P

I used to run a 32x20 on my old on one 29'er .... but I am not exactly built for climbing, so this worked well for me as an all round.

By that stage I just wanted to ride the bike.... waiting for it to be finished, painted etc was killing me.

It did land up with a Black/Kashima Fox 34 Talas 120/160 and internal dropper etc.... But that particular day was all about function!