SRAM Cassette query

thebob

Hi all

I’m was busy with some checks on the SRAM X01 drivetrain on my bike. The cassette lock ring on the XD driver is tight, but I am able to pull the cassette off the hub by hand to expose the inner bits of the hub. Just want to confirm this is ok? Cassette is an XG 1150 11-42 tooth cassette.see pics attached

44_BB3_B66-0_C12-4768-_BD14-8_C1_F8_B733

F49_F7070-3_CCC-4_FFB-_BF7_D-991_ECA93_E

Yes its ok, but be sure that once you put the freehub back the seal pops into the hub, I’ve had an issue with hope hubs and the freehub wasn’t put properly back on.

Also found that if possible remove the drive side TA adapter first, even if it cant come completely off then loosen the lock ring

Yup, you've pulled the freehub off the hub. That's a DT Swiss hub, so it'll just pop back together. Just make sure all the springs and ratchets are in the right order and orientation.

As Droo said... DT swiss or similar hub (some Giant hubs are same) so the freebody just pops on and off.

You need a cassette tool to take off the cassette (or loosen it from the freehub) but you will need a chainwhip to hold the cassette and then unscrew the lockring/cassette centre if you don't already know that.

sometimes they have been fitted by the hulk and you will need some muscle to loosen.

As Droo said... DT swiss or similar hub (some Giant hubs are same) so the freebody just pops on and off.

You need a cassette tool to take off the cassette (or loosen it from the freehub) but you will need a chainwhip to hold the cassette and then unscrew the lockring/cassette centre if you don't already know that.

sometimes they have been fitted by the hulk and you will need some muscle technique to loosen.

Fixed.

Also, Giant straight pull and some Roval hubs are just rebranded DT Swiss.