2018 Tru Cape MTB

LeoKnight

Looking at the results, I am assuming those results are not final as yet, as it does appear to have some inconsistencies there. (it is always possible that some of those riders do finish in those times, just would be nice to know there is a checkup)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done the race last year but probably done the previous 5/6 before that... I thought yesterday event had massive numbers compared to previous years.

I also feel the 9am start is perfect particularly for us deep south riders that. Also the routes aren't too long so not many should ride into the afternoon.

Great event will be back next year!

cold yes but oh so refreshing, exactly what my legs needed at that very moment. I would've probably liked it a bit earlier though. I imagine must've caused some problems for the shorter guys?

I'm sure you were still warning up at the distance... 48kms is like a recovery ride for you.

Anyone notice that they chopped a whole lot of climbing at the end? Otherwise course was perfect.

I'm sure you were still warning up at the distance... 48kms is like a recovery ride for you.

lol ???? Not when you are going Full tilt.

Anyone notice that they chopped a whole lot of climbing at the end? Otherwise course was perfect.

trust me nobody minded except you of course, must probably be a mountain goat?

Was also waiting for the last climb, and then all of a sudden the marshall shouted, that there was just 2.5km left.

My first Tru cape mtb event. I must say they left the best for last. It was tough and technical at parts of the race. I must say that the shortened version of 50km was a blessing in the end. I felt the heat in the end. Overall it was an awesome event and 9am is spot on!

Overall lekka event - great trails, lekka technical, tough climbing. Didn't mind the 9am start - gives me time to wake up more. Lekka vibe and good organisation, great marking. Only positives.

My only small gripe is: advertised distance and actual distance. Although in the end didn't mind finishing on 46km (was feeling low after being sick in the week), but I was pacing myself for 55km and thus had just popped a gel at +-40km to get to end. Then all of a sudden: finish. done. dusted.

Also, to be honest, I choose my races on distance - so to be "short-changed" by +-9km is a bit much. Don't mind the odd k or three...

#justsaying

I finished on 48km in 3.28min. I'm happy with that and now I know what to expect at the next tru-cape mtb event. This is a real challenging ride that cannot be complained about. My only negative observation was the only notable water point at the 10km mark and I guess it was catering for the lower distant event entrants. The remainder of the water points were basic water or coke or powerade. It is what it is but overall it was a tough ride!

trust me nobody minded except you of course, must probably be a mountain goat?

No, I was also hoping for those last few KM. The end came as a bit of a surprise... I had a certain someone is site that I had been chasing  :D

No, I was also hoping for those last few KM. The end came as a bit of a surprise... I had a certain someone is site that I had been chasing  :D

Flip hahahaha :ph34r:  just as well because my gas was running out.

It was great event my only complaint is the racetec number bord is way too big, at my pace I could have gained half a second if the bord was smaller...

...no actually I just cant seem to find a way to fit that massive thing to the front of my bike properly, ITS FREAKEN HUUUGGGEEE!

...no actually I just cant seem to find a way to fit that massive thing to the front of my bike properly, ITS FREAKEN HUUUGGGEEE!

I have the same problem, I try to just attach is as best possible, but think it has to do with the number being clear enough