EWS 2018

Hairy

Martin Maes...

Just can`t get that 2nd monkey off his back...

Nice to see Jesse Melamed & Yoann Barelli back in the hunt as well!

I am just wondering how would EWS change if riders were not allowed to practice the stages.

Think it would be interesting to see the change in results if you make half the stages at an event blind.

Given just how tech the current events are, we my just end up with one or two riders being able to finish the season should they be racing at full tilt and going in blind.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given just how tech the current events are, we my just end up with one or two riders being able to finish the season should they be racing at full tilt and going in blind.

The problem often is that local racers may have ridden the trails so they needed to even things up by having an official practice before the race. Only one run though.

Me thinks Hill will still dominate... maybe more so...

• 4 weeks later...

Looks gnarly. I find bike choices quite interesting. While guys like Hill, Oton, Maes and most others are on the heaviest duty bike their sponsor makes, Graves and co have 99% of the time opted for the old Stumpy over the Enduro. It hasn't paid off at all as far as I can see, but Graves persists, claiming the new Stumpy has just the right reach and suspension progression for him and its faster.

If I was him, I'd be trying out the heavier duty bike and seeing how it worked rather than slavishly running only one frame. The bike you are fastest on is the one that actually allows you to finish the stage safely, not which may measure the quickest on some testing on another trail. To me that would be the most forgiving bike especially on the extreme terrain they are obliged to ride and as a heavier rider like he is. I think he was a DNF last time and Keene was 66th. Joe Nation, a privateer riding and Enduro fared far better. I'm not one to blame the bike, but when you actually have a heavy hitting bike available, why not race it on the heavy hitting courses. I'm a bit baffled. 

isnt't rude riding A 140mm bike ?

think they want bikes that can get up to speed faster than big bikes that can plough through everything 

doesn't look to a valid idea yet 

EWS comes to Ainsa this week . . . .  :-)

The EWS does not come to Ainsa this week! What a muppet.

Roll on September 22nd . . . . !

The EWS does not come to Ainsa this week! What a muppet.

Roll on September 22nd . . . . !

Damn, was getting excited.

• 3 weeks later...

On Monday morning there was an "Enduro World Series 2018" meeting held by the local organisers (Ainsa Zona Zero staff) for people who have volunteered to help.

We went through the layout of the Expo, Paddock and parking areas etc - which will all be in the Castle grounds (up in Ainsa Old Town) and discussed what the various jobs would be that need doing.

Yesterday we were sent an up to date "schedule of events" which included maps of all the routes for the World Series stages that will be held over the weekend of the 22nd/23rd as well as the route for Fridays "Enduro Challenge" which is open to non professionals.

At the moment there are around 400 Pros riding and 80 non-Pros taking part in the challenge.

It's going to be amazing :-)

The routes for the Enduro World Series stage 7 in Ainsa are being announced in a live broadcast by Zona Zero Pirineos as we speak   1f642.png

Looking awesome!

The Castle grounds in Ainsa where the EWS Expo and Paddock will be, are starting to take shape . . . .

The Admin & Accreditation Office has lots of goodies :-)

post-4874-0-87013400-1537250552_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-97992100-1537250559_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-52190900-1537250567_thumb.jpg

Today is practice day. There are uplifts available and the guys & girls get to ride the segments for the first time.

Tomorrow is the EWS Challenge -  which is open to the public.

Sat & Sunday is the racing.

Archived