insanity

congarong

congarong' date=' I think you have ventured onto the wrong forum, rather try something sensible, like discussing cricket on a rubgy forum, or even better try this prank on the runners world forum, start like" why do you idoits run  on the road, its for cars after all?"

The responses so far have been very polite, considering your abrasive style of questioning.

ps.  why do you sit on the couch guzzling beer and fatty foods and smoking, that stuff can also kill you.
[/quote']

I cycle afterwards to work it off LOL(Mmmmmm, maybe thats why I am not losing weightConfused) Thanks for the insight Kona.Wink

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you sit on the couch guzzling beer and fatty foods and smoking' date=' that stuff can also kill you.[/quote']

?i'm still alive!

why do you sit on the couch guzzling beer and fatty foods and smoking' date=' that stuff can also kill you.[/quote']

?i'm still alive!

imagine what you would be without sycling, a bigger man?

pretty much all in denial . . . . yawn !!

Once you gone its fine for you but your loved ones are the people who have to sit for the rest of their lives without you.   Go be "THE MAN" then brother.

I am on the right forum my friend i take risks all the time and the reason i ask this question is also to my self ... IS IT WOTH IT ?

PS: i dont smoke and guzzel beer i watch what i eat because i like to ride my bike and that is why i am on this forum :)

Then welcome, to this forum.  PLease remember to take somethings in context, more people are killed by donkey bits a year than airplane crashes.  More cars crash with cars than with bicycles.  To live is a risk.  THe art is to live to the limit, withot taking unnecessary risks.  MOre and more people are Mtb biking, as they find the road culture very offensive.  (both the cyclists and the motorists).  THe trick is to be seen, be predictable, and avoid select training ridesWink

Once you gone its fine for you but your loved ones are the people who have to sit for the rest of their lives without you.   Go be "THE MAN" then brother.

I am on the right forum my friend i take risks all the time and the reason i ask this question is also to my self ... IS IT WOTH IT ?

PS: i dont smoke and guzzel beer i watch what i eat because i like to ride my bike and that is why i am on this forum :)

you are on this forum because you eat right' date=' don't smoke and don't guzzle beer? this isn't the martha stewart forum.

if you have to ask if it's worth it, you're too far gone? 

?i'm still alive!

imagine what you would be without sycling, a bigger man?

like big h?

I have got the perfect product for someone like you! The TACX I- MAGIC VIRTUAL REALITY TRAINER... Where you can talk to your cycling partners and they dont talk back about what they think..

pretty much all in denial . . . . yawn !!  - Don't go there

Once you gone its fine for you but your loved ones are the people who have to sit for the rest of their lives without you.   Go be "THE MAN" then brother.  - Must we all sit an worry our lives away, you ride a car, you live in SA, you breathe the air, you go to the shops, MUST WE STOP ALL THIS ALSOConfused

I am on the right forum my friend i take risks all the time and the reason i ask this question is also to my self ... IS IT WOTH IT ? - YES IT IS Clap

PS: i dont smoke and guzzel beer i watch what i eat because i like to ride my bike and that is why i am on this forum :) - YAWN I AM GETTING TIRED, LIVE YOUR LIFE, ENJOY ITWink AND STOP WORRYING, WE KNOW HOW BAD THINGS ARE BUT IT'S NOT THAT BAD(IT CAN GET WORSE - NOW THAT IS REASON TO WORRYCry)

Ok... so the basic consensus is it is worth it !!

One question how many women have posted on this topic ? Please make your self heard i have a feeling this is quite the MALE attitude i am getting in response to this slightly feminine question i have presented to you.

Having read all of this thread, I'm wondering if there is a point to it.

For your benefit, my ' female' perspective is that I believe you have to live your life to the fullest, and no one should try and persuade you otherwise. All you can do is take the best possible care.
fiasm2008-06-02 02:32:55

and what was feminine about your post? you may find that there are quite a few single mothers on this forum, who have dependants and will answer the same way the guys have.

Now you say it is a feminine question, WHAT A CAN OF WORMS YOU ARE OPENING. What about the undecided sexes, ie. Gay and Lesbian, don't they have a say in the matter?

insurance companies cant be wrong buddy. Its a fact that women take less risks than men.

true, but the risks they DO take are 10x worse than the ones men make.

not all women are bad drivers, but most bad drivers are woman. next time you see someone doing something stupid in traffic, chances are its a woman.

<flame shield on>

congarong, you my dear man are in denial...

in 1999 i was narrowly missed by a bullet during a cash heist in a secure office building (security is no match for AK47's) - my life was spared by about 30cm - one little ruler length.

in 2007 my car got written off by a J-ass in a navara who floored it and swung straight into the side of my car and caused my car to flip - my neck and back were spared by the fact that i had my seat belt on and my car, a Tazz, is structurally strong enough that the roof didn't collapse as the car landed upside down.

so there are (just) two of the examples of me almost losing my life when I'm nowehere near my bike (pedal or engine powered). i have NEVER been that close to death on any form of 2-wheeled transport. why, you may ask? not because of no incidents but rather because 2 wheels enable me to get outta the way easier and quicker.

and travelling quicker because i can lane-split (ont he motorbike) or happier on the bicycles reduces stress levels so that makes me a happier person so that if/when i die due to crime or whatever at least my family and friends will have good memories of me.

insurance companies cant be wrong buddy. Its a fact that women take less risks than men.

true' date=' but the risks they DO take are 10x worse than the ones men make.

not all women are bad drivers, but most bad drivers are woman. next time you see someone doing something stupid in traffic, chances are its a woman.

<flame shield on>
[/quote']

to quote a line from wayne's world?"game on"