insanity

congarong

not all women are bad drivers' date=' but most bad drivers are woman. next time you see someone doing something stupid in traffic, chances are its a woman.

<flame shield on>
[/quote']

fand, I will remember this next time you require assistance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to prove my point that not ALL woman drivers are useless, check out Danica Patrick (she's quite a looker as well) Wink

insurance companies cant be wrong buddy. Its a fact that women take less risks than men.

true' date=' but the risks they DO take are 10x worse than the ones men make.

not all women are bad drivers, but most bad drivers are woman. next time you see someone doing something stupid in traffic, chances are its a woman.

<flame shield on>
[/quote']

not a chance - having been in the insurance industry womens' bad driving tends to be small little bumper bashing type things. Men keep writing off their cars and other peoples' cars and kill other road users on a regular basis.

hence damages and resultant payouts for women drivers' claims are cheaper than mens' claims and that, my dear, is why women pay less for insurance than men

ouch ... those are fighting words ..lol lucky i am not a guy

chances are i am in denial living in this country ...

Congarong - I think every cyclist that rides their bike is there because its worth it.  Surely none of us are out at the early hours because we don't want to be there??

And like many have said so far - you can't hide away worrying about "what if this" or "what if that".  You'll never live!

Oh and Fandacious - I really regret leaving my flame thrower at home today LOL

Alida, i think you girls misunderstand me. I'm not saying YOU are a bad driver. Heck - i know lots of women who drive way better than some guys i know. BUT - watch traffic next time. if there's someone doing something stupid - chances are its a woman.

Its ok - I know what you mean.  It wouldn't be the first time someone nearly drives into me because its apparently ok to try and do your make up whilst driving down the N1 to JHB in the morning traffic.

fanD, sorry doll, but no ways!!!!!! for every female who does something dumb or dangerous there are at least 3 males doing as bad or worse. and that includes getting past a few schools with very high presence of female drivers compared to males.

i totally agree Alida...

But for me "personally" the risk is to much on a road bike in this country unless its a well planned event with road closures.

However i will risk my life for my family, hopefully i will have a flame thrower handy :)

one love

Congarong - I think every cyclist that rides their bike is there because its worth it.? Surely none of us are out at the early hours because we don't want to be there??

?

And like many have said so far - you can't hide away worrying about "what if this" or "what if that".? You'll never live!

?

smiley10.gif smiley10.gif

fanD' date=' sorry doll, but no ways!!!!!! for every female who does something dumb or dangerous there are at least 3 males doing as bad or worse. and that includes getting past a few schools with very high presence of female drivers compared to males.

[/quote']

but so many women open the car door to let the clutch out?

Men are more aggressive drivers.period.and take more chances, leading to the big accidents that could have been avoided. But women also make mistakes.

Congarong, whats the point of living if you're too scared too enjoy life. Respect risk, but don't shut it out totally, you'll just be another boring and bored person. Live life fully, be aware of the dangers, and embrace the joys of being happy while doing the stuff you know might be dangerous.

Car driver live in denial.  Cars are designed that the occupants "should" survive a "controlled" crash up to 80km/h anything over that you?re taking your chances.   So there is this false sense of safety that isn?t a true reflection of reality.   The thing that upsets me the most is parents that allow there children to be loss in the car.  Those children are worst of in an accident than somebody on a motor cycleAngry. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As a father of two small children I have a limit the amount risk I am prepared to take.   I really don?t like riding on my road bike for that reason.  And if I have to I limit it to saver routes.  There are certain routes that I now longer ride and there are also races that I will not do again due to traffic and dangerous bunches.    

I decided to see if commuting to work was an option.  I using my MTB, with nobblys, so I can ride on the dirt shoulder on the sections that are a bit dodgy and also on the pavement where possible.  I also ride with a loud reflective fest and must say it made a huge difference.  I must say it makes a nice start to the day.   I will still have a look at different routes that may be a bit slower but away from the high volume/high speed roads.  

well said muddy p.

your first sentance in second para reminds me of one of my favourite songs... The Rose...

"...it's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live..."

4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels moves the soul, and my soul wants to live and love living.

I'm worth so much dead that I don't have to worry about the family.

My biggest risk is my wife finding the life policy and doing the math.  Next to that motorists are a minor worry.

Ox wagon gets the point. He values his family.

you are a special guy !

pretty much all in denial . . . . yawn !!

Once you gone its fine for you but your loved ones are the people who have to sit for the rest of their lives without you.   Go be "THE MAN" then brother.

I am on the right forum my friend i take risks all the time and the reason i ask this question is also to my self ... IS IT WOTH IT ?

PS: i dont smoke and guzzel beer i watch what i eat because i like to ride my bike and that is why i am on this forum :)

I dont have a wife, girlfriend, dog, cat or child. Am I allowed to cycling on the road?