An-Li Kachelhoffer - Guilty of Anti-Doping Violation - Best kept secret. Why?

WhateverMatters

"Why has this not been made public? Not a word from CSA, An-Li or Team Bestmed(who she was riding for at the time). Was there money involved to keep it under the radar..."

Op does not get off this easily with allegations, particularly taken into account below. Certainly IMO does not appear to be anything they trying to hide.

post-7-0-01648000-1522235603_thumb.jpg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone should rather read the complete hearing document before going on a rampage on someone very well respected:

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/SAIDS-v-An-Li-Kachelhoffer.pdf

1. She has not been riding competitively at that point

2. She is\was pregnant

3. She told the dr that she is a pro athlete, and trusted him

Please read before making a judgement

From what I see, the questions raised on this thread have been more about the lack of transparency about the sanction than a rampage about the athlete and the events that lead up to the sanction?

I am sure she doped at 3 month pregnant cuz the added weight was slowing her down...

Surely if anyone knows An-li would also know that intentional doping is not on her to-do list and has been stated she had basically given up racing prior to this positive result...

From what I see, the questions raised on this thread have been more about the lack of transparency about the sanction than a rampage about the athlete?

Agree - Lack of transparency or lack of relevance?

Is it relevant that a pregnant lady gets caught on the wrong side because she took something that she didn't look into until too late? Agreed, it is the athlete's responsibility to ensure everything taken is legit...however....

SAIDS don't need to make a whole song and dance as she was not actively racing at the said time...

The team also don't need to make a statement as it doesn't directly affect them as she's not racing...

As with CSA etc. etc....

I doubt that she will make a return to racing even after baba comes along as she had already decided to resign before getting pregnant....

Love the way hubbers refer to it as "caught" doping, she was confirmed to have doped after she volunteered the info which then led to her been tested. Would seem pretty idiotic to intentionally dope then advise as per protocol the authorities immediately you became aware you transgressed.  

Doesn't matter at the time she was still part of the testing pool.

There is a process regarding pro riders.

Now I am not sure how it works when you retire but I know when you start racing again you have to inform authorities and you be to be part of the testing pool for a certain amount of time before you can line up as a pro.

I know this because the reason Purito couldn't ride the 2017 epic in the elite cat was because of that..and one neopro this year couldn't start the Tour Down Under for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree - Lack of transparency or lack of relevance?

Is it relevant that a pregnant lady gets caught on the wrong side because she took something that she didn't look into until too late? Agreed, it is the athlete's responsibility to ensure everything taken is legit...however....

SAIDS don't need to make a whole song and dance as she was not actively racing at the said time...

The team also don't need to make a statement as it doesn't directly affect them as she's not racing...

As with CSA etc. etc....

I doubt that she will make a return to racing even after baba comes along as she had already decided to resign before getting pregnant....

I have not once questioned the events that lead upon to this, nor even mentioned the athletes name, because as you say its not relevant. So no need to defend those aspect, to my posts at least.

I have made my stance on this very clear; I think the team could have said something, because that is what we often demand of professional sports teams when these things happen. Thats it, nothing more nothing less.

I am not attacking the athlete nor the events that lead up to the sanction! If others are, please respond to their posts.

From what I see, the questions raised on this thread have been more about the lack of transparency about the sanction than a rampage about the athlete and the events that lead up to the sanction?

Yip

I can't remember when she was SA champ..was it last year or the year before?

I have made my stance on this very clear; I think the team could have said something, because that is what we often demand of professional sports teams when these things happen. Thats it, nothing more nothing less.

I agree..

She handled it very well..by all accounts honestly and with no intention to deceive anyone..the team not so much and nor did CSA/ SAIDs.....obviously they felt posting a report on their website was public enough..a website who lets face it no-one really visits..I disagree with that, she had a pretty high profile so in my view it is relevant..had a European contract with a big enough team and here at home. (Not sure when the European contract ended).

Whats-her-face Lizzie is also pregnant now and not racing if a similar situation happened with her..the entire cycling world would have known about it by now ..(be it through leak or team/UCI statement)

I have not once questioned the events that lead upon to this, nor even mentioned the athletes name, because as you say its not relevant. So no need to defend those aspect, to my posts at least.

I am not attacking the athlete nor the events that lead up to the sanction! If others are, please respond to their posts.

I know you are not, I replied to your post to agree with you...I referenced the rest as I know An-Li personally and would not want her name to be dragged down...

Nothing personal against you Patch :thumbup:

Yip

I can't remember when she was SA champ..was it last year or the year before?

2016 was when she was SA champ if i recall correctly

2016 was when she was SA champ if i recall correctly

Thx..that's the same year she rode for the Lotto Soudal Ladies team?

I think everyone should rather read the complete hearing document before going on a rampage on someone very well respected:

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/SAIDS-v-An-Li-Kachelhoffer.pdf

1. She has not been riding competitively at that point

2. She is\was pregnant

3. She told the dr that she is a pro athlete, and trusted him

Please read before making a judgement

Don't really think anyone went on a rampage against her, if anything the OP got the full broadside from the Hub collective. The problem that actually cropped up is the lack of communication, which would probably have nullified the need for this thread entirely.

On a side note, none of the 3 reasons/facts you stated have much influence on the questions at hand, not really sure what her being pregnant has to do with it? It's not a disease that renders your bedridden and incapable of doing anything, hell, there are a lot of woman who exercise well into their pregnancies. Cherise Willeit is a good example of this. . .

Thx..that's the same year she rode for the Lotto Soudal Ladies team?

She was "bust" under contract at Lotto Soudal:   https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/lotto-soudal-ladies-2017

3 second places and 2016 winner at SA champs in the last 5 years - good rider!

Edit: Interesting that both second places in 2017 and 2018 now have a dope taint to them (An-Li and Maroejska).

Irrespective of who the athlete is or who tests positive for what nationally or internationally, if you need medication to race you are not healthy. This whole TUE system is abused world wide with the many loop holes the athletes and the support staff use. 

Archived