An-Li Kachelhoffer - Guilty of Anti-Doping Violation - Best kept secret. Why?

WhateverMatters

Having an agenda doesn’t make the guilty party any less guilty.

point of order your honour, not on the agenda for today.

guilty party is guilty.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me like there are a lot of An-Li fans on this chat trying to avert attention away from her to the fact that the OP's first post is to point it out.
When Kevin Evans was bust, the chat made for one of the most active forums of the year and was a hot discussion, so why is it that when a "darling" of SA is banned that its so hush-hush??

The Hub often says that Teams are supposed to take a hard stance on this to set examples for youngsters, so maybe not a press conference, that’s just a bit sarcastic, but maybe a simple Tweet or announcement on their Facebook page?

Why do we seem to have these double standards when it’s a local that gets caught?

I don't follow FB or twitter, I do however go to the SAIDS website from time to time. If she DID test positive and it was NOT on the SAID's website I will join in with my pitchfork. Not sure what you mean by harder stance, I'm not aware they defended her, asked for 

a retest or allowed her to continue racing for the team. 

Perhaps you should read the thread in it's entirety and look at the SAIDS website, where it shows she is guilty and was given a 6 month ban in September 2017.  All of this is in the public domain and not hidden..... so yes she is a doper!

The question seems to be why raise the issue now and not in September?  Similarly there allegations with regard to a cover-up and bribery.... and of course the agenda for raising this only now and not at the time of the finding?

So being the hub, is all about finding out the motive and what more the OP knows and is not telling.....

Being the hub one can ask what is your motive & agenda for attacking the OP for asking perfectly reasonable questions?

One of our top female cyclists banned for doping and not a word on the news & social media for months - that is certainly very unusual and newsworthy in itself!

Has Anli not retired from professional cycling?? I thought she retired mid last year and is soon to be a mom, which means she could very well have been pregnant already.  

Sounds to me like there are a lot of An-Li fans on this chat trying to avert attention away from her to the fact that the OP's first post is to point it out.
When Kevin Evans was bust, the chat made for one of the most active forums of the year and was a hot discussion, so why is it that when a "darling" of SA is banned that its so hush-hush??

Agreed - no system is a black and white as I'm making out. My low testosterone story also shows the "grey area".

I don't agree on the serve time and move on stance though - cheating is a mindset/moral quality. Sure some people learn their lesson and have some life epiphone but like a cheating spouse I reckon a cheating athlete will probably cheat again...

Edit: Plus you can't undo what the athlete did while they were cheating - did a clean athlete lose out on prize money/exposure/a new sponsorship? We'll never know. Bans should be MUCH harsher in my opinion. If you lose your career as a cyclist it doesn't stop you earning a living in any other industry.

Maybe I am more forgiving in this respect because I have heard another side to the story.

I know it is always murky to justify intent in the use of substances.

Just on last comment: if I remember correctly, the person did not actually get tested, they were asked to attend a hearing to qualify the request made for the TUE. In the documentation, the doc noted the illegal substance taken during the period of illness.

According to the authorities, it was not a life or death situation so the patient could have come right without the meds - according to them. I guess we will never know.

Is it not just the latest name on the list? guilty is guilty and the name is on the list with the sanction issued. Done.

I see a certain well documented mountain biker is almost done with his sanction. Wonder if he will return to competition...

Being the hub one can ask what is your motive & agenda for attacking the OP for asking perfectly reasonable questions?

One of our top female cyclists banned for doping and not a word on the news & social media for months - that is certainly very unusual and newsworthy in itself!

Please point out where I have attacked the OP?  I have asked for more information as the OP has raised some questions, stated allegations and definitely knows more than what we currently know.  So have continually asked the OP to provide more information so that there can be a frank and honest discussion on the matter!!!.... you see that as attacking?

She's a doper, she's been caught, found guilty and banned.... that is not in question!!... All of that is in the public domain prior to the OP's post.........and I agree that there was nothing said at the time of the ban which is unusual.... and why only raise it now, which adds to the newsworthy and more queries as to why?

Has Anli not retired from professional cycling?? I thought she retired mid last year and is soon to be a mom, which means she could very well have been pregnant already.  

Are you trying to defend the fact that she had family plans as an excuse to take Salbutamol??? REALLY??

Has anyone else but me read the downloaded document?

She as least took ownership of it didn't request a B sample...and answered all questions etc..

Also the amount found would put Froome to shame[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

okee dokee this is actually all rather interesting. For me mainly because it is the same stuff that Froomedawg has been pinged for.

a)The chairperson is Marius Hurter (the springbok prop)?

b)her last UCI race was african champs in Feb 2017 - https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=132119&season=2017

c)she had 5196ng/ml - froome had 2000ng/ml

d)her defence was that she was sick and took something from the doc without checking it

e)got tested that evening, but then informed SAIDS immediatley once she had read labels

f)applied for a TUE, unsuccessfully.

questions:

i)if she claims asthma, did she have a TUE for the inhaler

ii)she was retired internationally and no longer racing for a local team (ASG).

test was 28 June

- she won Tour D'Urban the month before on May 4th

- she was advised of the charge on 11 August

- her team very much considered her part of it 4 days earlier

that seems a little bit spicy, but plausible

hearing was 18 september - she was ~6 months pregnant at the time

a)how does this affect her testing levels(if at all)

b)was effectively banned from racing during her pregnancy

I reckon it has got very little to do with what Froome's case as it is oral/vs claimed inhaler

and if a TUE had been granted we would never have heard of this.

Maybe I am more forgiving in this respect because I have heard another side to the story.

I know it is always murky to justify intent in the use of substances.

Just on last comment: if I remember correctly, the person did not actually get tested, they were asked to attend a hearing to qualify the request made for the TUE. In the documentation, the doc noted the illegal substance taken during the period of illness.

According to the authorities, it was not a life or death situation so the patient could have come right without the meds - according to them. I guess we will never know.

Yeah - clear as day it is not!

I like the two or three tiered approach - EPO/blood doping etc is lifetime ban. You're out. Hello David George.

Second tier drugs like diet aids etc a short ban suspended for life. Anli, Maroeshka, Brandon (maybe), Kevin and Nolan fit into this category.

Ultimately I don't think there is a one size fits all solution. Too much money/pride and ego at stake for that!

Is there a set or laid down procedure of roles and responsibilities regards communication to be followed by SAID's. CSA, team or rider. 

Has anyone else but me read the downloaded document?

She as least took ownership of it didn't request a B sample...and answered all questions etc..

Also the amount found would put Froome to shame[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Either I'm blind as a bat or they've removed it - I looked for the document and can't even find her name anymore....

Can anyone else still see it?

Archived