[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need the results from stage 2.

We don't need them, but I sure would like them. Even if unofficial or incomplete.

We don't need the results from stage 2.

Ok! Fair enough

But decent monies were spent on entries, a big deal is made of this race and no doubt it was amazing...

The timing system was tested and used at Kingdom, but the organizers have they said anything?

Or do we just accept, pay again for the next one and hope it'll work?

"Hey, bro. Any tips for how I should set up my shock's rebound for the enduro this weekend,"

"Yeah. As fast as possible. Trust me! I know what I'm talking about."

Kidding aside. That looks like a nasty OTB. His left wrist looks a bit messed up too. 

He had major surgery on his wrist last night. He's still in ICU, but chatting away this morning on our whatsapp group, so he'll recover. Also a few broken ribs.

He had major surgery on his wrist last night. He's still in ICU, but chatting away this morning on our whatsapp group, so he'll recover. Also a few broken ribs.

Ay strongs to Riaan, damn !!!

Did they manage to tag him for the end of his run? Just kidding. Heal up fast.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Unfortunately not, though he did ask if we could run it in for him!

myles, what's up with your times? did you go down as well?

myles, what's up with your times? did you go down as well?

My front tyre decided to have an apoplexy. 

At the bottom of Cobra, it started leaking air quite aggressively. Plugged one hole, bombed it up again, but then another one popped up. And again, and again. Cuts all over the place. When I took the tyre off to install a tube someone kindly gave me, I counted 5 cuts. Sidewalls, main tread, under knobs, all over the place. No sealant left in the tyre. 

To top it off, the tube I was lent had a schrader valve, instead of a presta. No bueno. Didn't carry my own tube 'cos Hoogies, and 'cos Tubeless (sealant had been topped up just the previous week) 

Funny thing is. Had a spare tube in the car, in my other pack. Also had a BRAND NEW front tyre in the back of the van, which I'd elected not to fit just the day before. 

What I *think* happened is that on cobra, the previously sealed cuts started leaking again, and there wasn't enough sealant to plug em again. The tyre was old, and in hindsight I should have changed it on Saturday before the race. 

Didn't wanna take ANOTHER tube from another rider, just in case they needed it with still 4 stages to go. Also started early for a reason, and didn't wanna find myself caught at the bottom of Trail Z with another puncture and no way to fix it. Didn't go back to the car for a fix cos that would have left me as DEFINITELY the last person on the trail, and you know how unfit I am.

Stupid. Stupid, stupid stupid. 

So I took it as a sign of impending beerage, and someone offered me a tube at the top of ss5. Figured there was minimal chance of them needing it with just that stage left. New tyre is going on today.