Cycleops Pro 400 - Info???

AllAboutRides

Hi there,

Anyone who can help me with info regarding Cycleops Pro 400

* ANT+ Compatible

* Bluetooth

ect.

Can't find any info, maybe its a old model?

IC 400 is a 2.4Ghz wireless network i.e. ANT not ANT+ so this means it will not work with your Garmin as a power meter. 

The new Phantom 5 is ANT+ so will work with your Garmin as a power meter it is also BLE compatible and will work with Rouvy and TrainerRoad but will not work with Zwift. 

IC 400 is a 2.4Ghz wireless network i.e. ANT not ANT+ so this means it will not work with your Garmin as a power meter. 

The new Phantom 5 is ANT+ so will work with your Garmin as a power meter it is also BLE compatible and will work with Rouvy and TrainerRoad but will not work with Zwift.

Not using Zwift so thats fine!

Phantom 5 - when doing training rides, will it adjust auto ajust the resistance when climbing or do workouts on TrainerRoad?

Not using Zwift so thats fine!

Phantom 5 - when doing training rides, will it adjust auto ajust the resistance when climbing or do workouts on TrainerRoad?

Yes

This is correct, you can set the trainer to a target power or target grade and the trainer will control the resistance via Rouvy or TrainerRoad. 

According to WahooFitness they can fit a Sunrace 1x12 cassette on the trainer to make it compatible with MTB setup.

Question: When using a trainer with auto resistance and training with single chainring infront, will you spin out on workouts?

According to WahooFitness they can fit a Sunrace 1x12 cassette on the trainer to make it compatible with MTB setup.

Question: When using a trainer with auto resistance and training with single chainring infront, will you spin out on workouts?

Depends on how you ride and what sort of workout you are doing.

If you are doing a power based workout then no, you probably won't spin out (in fact I just leave it in the same gear for the entire workout and focus on keeping my cadence around 90 or so and it adjusts the resistance so that you are putting out the target power).

If you are simulating an actual ride then on the "downhills" you will spin out just as much as if you were riding the actual route.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to dredge this topic back from 2018...

I'm the pleb trying to revive my old Cycleops pro 400...

The app I previously used on my iPhone (Rouvy Mobile), sadly does not work anymore - the app, which used to work very well back in lockdown, no longer works. It does still connect, but becomes totally unusable as soon as you enter the "Workout".

Anyone out there still using this trainer? If so, what app?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Wiley said:

Sorry to dredge this topic back from 2018...

I'm the pleb trying to revive my old Cycleops pro 400...

The app I previously used on my iPhone (Rouvy Mobile), sadly does not work anymore - the app, which used to work very well back in lockdown, no longer works. It does still connect, but becomes totally unusable as soon as you enter the "Workout".

Anyone out there still using this trainer? If so, what app?

Thanks

Howzit Wiley, 

Im Tech Support for Bicycle Power Trading.

Yes, Rouvy has unfortunately begun removing compatibility for these bikes from the app, we assume this is to make space for the new Direct Drive trainers. 

We have been fighting this issue with Rouvy for well over a year as there is no other software we are aware of that can work with the automatic resistance control. 

What we have had to do is "Downgrade" the IC400 to a manual adjuster. This will allow you to connect the rear hub to any training app as a Powermeter/Cadence meter and you will need to manually adjust the resistance depending on the watts you need to put out. 

We are trying to work with Saris to integrate the IC functionality into their Saris Utility App but that could take some time to complete. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions, 

Thanks!

George

Bicycle Power Trading

Technical Support 

Thankyou George!

That sucks... 

But good to know that there may be hope, makes sense for Saris to support it, thanks for trying! Will keep an eye out for an update.