Poor design thread

David Marshall

Small cars with tow hitches, no your little hatchback is not going to be towing anything worth towing all you are doing is providing people with something to ruin their shins on.

bike racks need somewhere to be bolted on.

Plus so many people think it will save their car in an accident. Sure in a minor bumper bashing, bu anything slightly bigger and you run the risk of chassis damage

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garmin watch with the integrated strap ... you break a strap, you need a whole ^#$^&$#^ new watch!

The Garmin is a relic in my cupboard now where bad ideas go to die.

Give to me then rather, seems a waste lying in a cupboard.......

mag wheels on any car

I'm actually looking for some decent sized steel wheels for my caddy... got some absolute shaite mags on at the moment. Prefer the look of the standard steelies to be honest... 

I'm actually looking for some decent sized steel wheels for my caddy... 

rather spend the money on cycling stuff.

I'm actually looking for some decent sized steel wheels for my caddy... got some absolute shaite mags on at the moment. Prefer the look of the standard steelies to be honest... 

But MYLES! You can't have the aftermarket subs without some aftermarket wheels!

Standard CT caddy stuff this...

LOL. Already done that... :P

you make it sound like a finite process. There is never an end to the spend...

bike racks need somewhere to be bolted on.

Plus so many people think it will save their car in an accident. Sure in a minor bumper bashing, bu anything slightly bigger and you run the risk of chassis damage

You don't need a tow hitch, hatch back racks are fine...

Re the accident thing, got to love engineers building specific crumple zones and then us going screw that and adding a tow bar to counter it. 

On this note spare tyre note-

Run Flat tyres, no no no nope never not a f***, if you ever see a car with runflat tyres in SA laugh at the owner and buy him a beer because his beer money most likely goes to buying new tyres once a month. Been there, done that, sold the T-shirt to pay for 4k a pop runflats after they bubbled because of dirt roads. Lets just say if I had never owned a car with runflat tyres, I would have the better part of 30k lying around...

Not so much a problem now, thank goodness for brake tech evolving, but backpedal brake on one of my childhood bikes. How many times I had to jump off or drive(crash) into something just to stop when flying down a steep tar road when the chain comes off.

Funny enough i STILL have a coaster brake hub fitted to one of my bikes.. but Never had a chain slip off....(I don't think its the design of the hub in question here)

But MYLES! You can't have the aftermarket subs without some aftermarket wheels!

Standard CT caddy stuff this...

HAHAHAHA! 

I need to change the tyres soon, anyway. It's got a set of absolute and utter SHAITE conti world contacts on atm. Fokkol grip, extremely vague steering feel and just... ***. 

22f7e81764570fee90f94cab82d6b7e2--ideas-

HAHAHAHA! 

I need to change the tyres soon, anyway. It's got a set of absolute and utter SHAITE conti world contacts on atm. Fokkol grip, extremely vague steering feel and just... ***. 

Those look real good. Just please don't make like a welkomite and lower it....

Those look real good. Just please don't make like a welkomite and lower it....

No thanks. I want to go places where clearance is required. Not 4x4 access, but off the beaten track. No ways the one in the pic would have made it down to and out of beaverlac.... 

HAHAHAHA! 

Those rims look too wide for the tires and why is the back suspension so low? Is it heavily loaded?

Those rims look too wide for the tires and why is the back suspension so low? Is it heavily loaded?

That's 'cos they are. It's a moronic thing that some of the "modders" are doing now. Stretch fitting. Essentially taking a 175 and fitting it to an 8j / 10j wheel, so that the sidewalls fan out and it looks like an oversized bowls ball thing. MORONIC. And no, it's cos it's been lowered, and the bump stops have probably been taken out / reduced in size. 

10785056_368868236627180_980926508_n.jpg

Archived