So when's Hunter getting an 07 deal?

rock

With Basso off the payroll' date=' I think that CSC will be able to conclude a deal for the services of our Robert... me thinks...

Is it coincidence that Riis is here in SA??? convenient for negotiations, isn't it
[/quote']

I doubt if it has anything to do with RH(could be wrong of course)

Riis has been here before and his visits are becoming quite regular.

Anyway RH might be good by our standards but he is just not up there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not saying that Jaan is a bad rider.  think he is awesome,  but if stringbean wants to call hunter a waste of money cause he only finished 1 TDF then why is a rider finishing none worth anything. 

Two stage wins in the Tour du Suisse 2005 gets you big kudo's.  This year has been about different objectives so it would be unfair, and unlikely that team managers are that shortsighted, to judge by wins in 2006.

Kirsipuu won over 120 pro races......

guys in their early 20's will race for 1/2 as much cash.

My main point is when you are clocking around 30 years old most teams are going to pass you by for someone younger unless you have an incredible record.I think age is Hunters biggest problem

Yep that's the difference, Robert's there and getting the job done, while you're sitting on your arse and yet feel yourself qualified to criticise...Dead

Good for you!!!!

Thats the nature of the Hub.. if only the top pros could comment then this board would be reduced to maybe 5 people making comments (good bye Linnega)

anyway, I reckon the DSs and bosses see a lot more of a race from their cars and appreciate who is doing what, whereas on TV we see a multicoloured bundle, breakaway chancers and stage winners.

So he has proven to be a hard worker who can also sprint.. and his TTing just gets better.

And he isn't too old, should have at least 3 or 4 good years of racing left.

well if he was that valuable he wound't be one of the last 4 (of 25) to get a new deal ?

not saying he isn;t a good rider, just his value probably isn't what it once may have been.

The hub is al about critisising and making personal comments. But it seems that unless these crits comes from a selected few hubbers its viewed as unnecessary and uncalled for..Confused

I disagree, he is probably just picky greedy. The really weak (relatively speaking) riders in Phonak would have jumped at any offer.

BTW Basso also doesn't have a contract yet!

Rock if he signs up for a local team you'll have been proven right.

If only pro were allowed here, I'd certainly be out on my ear.  I can't even keep up with the average vets.

Gumpole - you are probably right, he may well be holding out for more than he is really worth.  I only took exception to the comment that he isn't worth a contract.  To me that's just plain stupid - and can only really come out of a personal dislike of the man.  Not being in any way a Hunter fan (rather indifferent in fact), I think I can be fairly objective when assessing his worth, and he is probably worth the same as Alexandre Moos, for example.  Not the same category of rider (he is a climber) but he was a valuable team player on Phonak.  If Hunter didn't have value, he would not have been selected to ride on the Phonak TDF team.  Not everyone was given that opportunity.

I know that Robbie was in talks with 3 teams and as of today he has a contract with one of them, won't let the cat out the bag