Road tubeless sealant

igg

Wondering if any of the other road tubeless users have found a sealant (locally available) that actually works?

I've been using Stan's for a while now paired with Schwalbe Pro One's, and to say it's unreliable would be a gross understatement. Most often when I acquire a puncture it results in a seat tube and chain stays that are completely covered in sealant and a rapidly deflating tyre. It will seal eventually, but that typically means my tyre pressure has dropped below 2bar. Inflating it back up to a reasonable pressure will most often result in a pop, followed by the little sealant remaining being sprayed onto the road.

Not sure that road tubeless is worth it...

I have used tubeless road for quite some time, and have found that Stans do not like the high pressure.

My experience is anything that has a thicker consistency works better. Stans is too thin.

If you can find a sealant that works, will check tonight what mine is, then believe me it is all worth it.

Mine is sommer some local brand something, brown colour.

I have used tubeless road for quite some time, and have found that Stans do not like the high pressure.

My experience is anything that has a thicker consistency works better. Stans is too thin.

What sort of pressure you talking about? I'm running 40-50psi in 32c

If you can find a sealant that works, will check tonight what mine is, then believe me it is all worth it.

Mine is sommer some local brand something, brown colour.

Yea. I want to continue with tubeless, but at R300-400 a bottle I don't want to test 10 different sealants before I find one that works.

What sort of pressure you talking about? I'm running 40-50psi in 32c

I'm running 4.5bar front 5bar rear on 28c at the moment.

About year ago I had my first ride on tubbies. I loved how it felt but was always nervous about punctures.

I did some research on this a while back and could not find anything locally available. Stans apparently is a waste of time for high pressure applications. I came across a sealant called Cafe Latex, it had rave reviews on road tubeless and tubular set-ups. I did not get a chance to try them out yet. I know you said local, but this brand I bought in the UK and brought it in with one of my orders. Pricing was decent.

I see that stans make a race version of their sealant. Evobikes stock it. It is apparently thicker and seals even better. Ciao.

Wondering if any of the other road tubeless users have found a sealant (locally available) that actually works?

I've been using Stan's for a while now paired with Schwalbe Pro One's, and to say it's unreliable would be a gross understatement. Most often when I acquire a puncture it results in a seat tube and chain stays that are completely covered in sealant and a rapidly deflating tyre. It will seal eventually, but that typically means my tyre pressure has dropped below 2bar. Inflating it back up to a reasonable pressure will most often result in a pop, followed by the little sealant remaining being sprayed onto the road.

Hi Cairbre

Why don't you try our TUFO Sealant? We are 100% sure you will be happy with the outcome of our products. We have 2 options available:

The TUFO Standard Sealant

And TUFO Extreme Sealant

We have also put them to the test and you can see in the video below that it works  :clap:

I came across a sealant called Cafe Latex, it had rave reviews on road tubeless and tubular set-ups. I did not get a chance to try them out yet.

had some Café Latex sealant in my mtb tyres a while back. sticky mess that did not sealed the tyres and a mission to get it off from your frame.

Maybe their road sealant is better.

Hi Cairbre

Why don't you try our TUFO Sealant? We are 100% sure you will be happy with the outcome of our products. We have 2 options available:

The TUFO Standard Sealant

And TUFO Extreme Sealant

We have also put them to the test and you can see in the video below that it works  :clap:

Do you not sell larger bottles? At 50ml, I'd need to buy 4 bottles minimum to do 2 tyres and have a some spare for top ups.

Do you not sell larger bottles? At 50ml, I'd need to buy 4 bottles minimum to do 2 tyres and have a some spare for top ups.

Unfortunately the Sealant only comes in a 50ml Bottle, But i you wont need 4 bottles. 1 50ml Bottle per tyre will be enough for your 28mm Tyre. And the extreme sealant does 1-3 repairs depending on the size of the hole. on a 23mm we normally use 25ml of sealant 

Unfortunately the Sealant only comes in a 50ml Bottle, But i you wont need 4 bottles. 1 50ml Bottle per tyre will be enough for your 28mm Tyre. And the extreme sealant does 1-3 repairs depending on the size of the hole. on a 23mm we normally use 25ml of sealant

What pressure was the wheel at when the punctures were simulated?

Will this work on tubbies?

Stans has been responsible for people giving up with tubeless on the road. It's rubbish. They do have a new thicker road version but I haven't seen it over here.

Not very helpful but I bought some Orange Seal from Amazon.co.uk when I was over there, works perfectly.

Stans has been responsible for people giving up with tubeless on the road. It's rubbish. They do have a new thicker road version but I haven't seen it over here.

Not very helpful but I bought some Orange Seal from Amazon.co.uk when I was over there, works perfectly.

The stan's race sealant is available locally, but it's R550-600 excl shipping for something that has no reviews with road tubeless. Don't feel like spending that for something that'll probably just get sprayed all over the road.

Orange seal looks to be the right stuff. Value proposition is going to be pretty bad to import sealant due to weight; was really hoping to find something locally.

I saw this online. Not sure if it's available locally but it looks interesting.

https://bikerumor.com/2018/02/12/new-finish-line-tubeless-tire-sealant-will-never-dry-out/

Never seen this locally.

Are you a mountain biker?

Yes

Archived