Sounds like Tom has been a bad boy!!!

101%

Belgian super star sprinter, Tom Boonen has allegedly been caught in an out of competition test for cocaine, according to Belgian newspaper HLN.be. The out of competition test allegedly occurred three days before start of the Tour of Belgium, where Boonen won the final stage.

The Belgian paper also reported that the homes of Boonen's parents and girlfriend in Postel and Lore respectively were searched last night. The non-negative test has also not yet been confirmed by the UCI. Boonen's Quick Step team was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.

This is not the first time that Boonen has been linked to the drug. Last December, his good friend and cyclo-cross star, Tom Vanoppen was caught by the Flemish doping controllers with cocaine. During questioning Vanoppen allegedly named Boonen as his dealer, a claim Boonen later denied. Following the claim, Boonen's parent's house was searched.

Boonen's brush with the law does not stop there however. Just last week, he lost his drivers license for the second time in six weeks. On Tuesday night he was pulled over by the police travelling at 180-km/h in a 90km/h zone on the Mol ring road. He had a blood alcohol reading of 1.0.

Six weeks earlier he lost his license for 14 days for travelling 120km/h in a 70km/h zone. In 2006 Boonen was the face of the Belgian roads and traffic Authority, promoting safe driving

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shades of ullrich. disco biscuit anyone?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Don't Think Tommy slept well last night!!!!

he's not still with that (very) young chick' date=' is he?[/quote']

Hy sal bl?rrie stupid wees as hy nie nog is nie!!!!

robin williams once said that cocaine is god's way of telling you that you have too much money. hence, i'm not a cokehead.  

Was it Gilberto Simoni who also failed a cocaine test & then went on to blame it on a visit to the dentist prior to the test.

madison2008-06-09 23:43:42

Was it Gilberto Simoni who also failed a cocaine test & then went on to blame it on a visit to the dentist prior to the test.

and was it botero who blamed his on the sweets his mum sent him?

I think it was due to the cream he used for a saddle sore ...

cocaine suppositories?

and who was the tour podium finisher who claimed the 27 banned substances his wife was caught with were for his mum-in-law? rumsas?

and, although it's not cycling, remember fatboy warnie taking an antidiuretic from his mum?

Gibo claimed first that the dentist was the problem as the gas contains traces of cocaine.  Didn't explain the quantities. He then went with the contaminated sweeties excuse - his gran in Columbia gave them to him - and that actually held up on appeal as he could demonstrate the quantity in his system could plausibly have come from the sweets.  He was still kicked out of the Giro that year (along with everyone else - leaving Savo to win his first).

If the test is positive then Boonen is history for 2 years, plus the potential ethical ban of a further 2 years (although he could go to Liquigas). 

Will Pies be seen as doping?

Yes but not performance enhancing.

To the man in the street not' date=' but to me, EISH!!!!!

nope, but you're still the hub's biggest dope.

I know, and that's why EVERYONE loves ewep (ok, most people anyway)!