Sram GX 12speed cassette

Storm 78

Ever since i have down graded from xo1 11speed to GX 12 speed i ha e had endles isues with shifting. Had the chain replaced on numerous occations. The hanger was replaced, the cable replaced. But still shifting remains a problem. Can it be the casette?

I have had only bad experiences with GX Eagle myself aswell. Have ridden a few converted bikes and even new out of the box models and the shifting is the same all round and no amount of tinkering and adjustments can get it to perform faultless.

You'll either have to accept that GX is infact a lower spec component than you are use to even though its 12speed or spend a little extra cash and replace your rear derailleur with an XO model. I have found this to be the quickest and cheapest solution to fix the GX shifting issue.

Just my 2c

I just upgraded from XO 2X10 to 1X12 GX Eagle. I have no problems and shifting is just as smooth maybe even better than the XO setup.

I run a Rapide NW 34t Oval direct mount chain ring on GXP crank. Make sure that whatever you using is the correct offset. On mine, for direct mount it had to be 6 deg offset. Some have made the mistake of using a 3 deg offset and others with chain rings mounted on the spider, placing the offset washers is important. Your chainline should be perfectly straight when on the middle gear at the back.

You need to check your chain length. On a full suss, deflate the shock and use a cable tie to hold the rear triangle it the most extreme position. run the chain over the chainring and over the largest cog - the ends should overlap by 1 link - nothing more nothing less.

When setting up the RD, make sure the upper and lower limits are set that your cage pulleys align perfectly with the upper and lower cogs - when i say perfectly i mean perfectly !

Use the red plastic gauge supplied with the RD to set the B screw, the gap is critical for this huge ratio.

Make sure the cable is routed correctly to the RD and the cable wheel is moving freely. also make sure the loop from the frame to RD is big enough.

Make sure the cassette is mounted properly and tight enough torque to 40Nm. These XD drives mount completely different to standard 10/11 speeds and you need to check that the cassette is seated properly. If they not, the alignment will be completely out - IN FACT, BY WHAT YOU SAYING THIS COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM.

Remember your are putting 12 speeds into a gap that normally takes 10 or 11 speeds - Things need to be fitted and adjusted perfectly for them to work properly

Ive experienced exactly the same.. changed cables and outers twice. Checked qnd aligned hanger..

When its on the 6th cog from bottom its not crisp. Chain is making that sound..

Now please explains the following.. we switched the cassette with XX1 without doing or setting anything on the stand.. it tgen shifts and runs as smooth as it possibly can... switch back to GX and the problem is there again..

So i feel your pain. No amount of effort for me could fix the problem... and im not the only guy struggling with this...exactly the same issue.. 6th gear....????