Football

IceCreamMan

League and CL two different competitions.. Liverpool handle that competition a hell of a lot better than us[emoji22]

Do you disagree that Liverpool have thrown away a handy league lead to now trail by 1 point?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The lead has been whittled down for sure but bottled? No.

Record points haul for the club, one defeat all season don't point to bottling.  Current points haul betters six of the last nine seasons and shows progress. If Liverpool hit a points tally in the 90 plus area, something very few teams have ever managed, how can that be seen as bottling it?

This 'bottling' thing is a ridiculous social media construct.

To handle the champions league like Liverpool you just need to convince your team to go fully bonkers and emotional. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely then the fact that the last 16 has only one Italian team, predictably it is Juventus, and the quarters may not have any as things stand trying to use this this to argue that the iIalian league has strength in depth is not really going to work.?

Edit - it's actually two teams but I can't count...

If you go back to the discussion, I actually wasn't arguing series A strength in the CL but were would Juve come in the PL and said because how we have done in the CL the last while we would be competitive in the PL as well... what I do disagree with it the notion that Serie A is easy.

Basically both leagues need to step it up in the CL though..1 and 2 or none for both leagues the since 2013-2014 season in the quarters.

Edited by Gen

The lead has been whittled down for sure but bottled? No.

Record points haul for the club, one defeat all season don't point to bottling. Current points haul betters six of the last nine seasons and shows progress. If Liverpool hit a points tally in the 90 plus area, something very few teams have ever managed, how can that be seen as bottling it?

This 'bottling' thing is a ridiculous social media construct.

To handle the champions league like Liverpool you just need to convince your team to go fully bonkers and emotional.

If you had a choice would you have PL title or the CL?

We would have to go emotionally bonkers x 100 to get past Atletico[emoji22] .. we must be the team that have lost more CL finals than any... sigh.. that bloody competition.

Edited by Gen

Do you watch serie A.. or do you read results..

Also stopped watching WWE when I found out it was fake. 

If you had a choice would you have PL title or the CL?

We would have to go emotionally bonkers x 100 to get past Atletico[emoji22] .. we must be the team that have lost more CL finals than any... sigh.. that bloody competition.

Difficult one to answer, choice would probably be dictated by which you had been least successful in for the previous few years. So it would probably, just by a hair, be the league. Right up until the day of the CL final...

That said most people seem to have forgotten that it should be about the journey not just the destination. If you have fun along the way who really cares. Liverpool lost in the CL final last year but the journey there was brilliant, but for some reason opposing fans seem to think all the good stuff was wiped away in that single game. It wasn't.

Difficult one to answer, choice would probably be dictated by which you had been least successful in for the previous few years. So it would probably, just by a hair, be the league. Right up until the day of the CL final...

That said most people seem to have forgotten that it should be about the journey not just the destination. If you have fun along the way who really cares. Liverpool lost in the CL final last year but the journey there was brilliant, but for some reason opposing fans seem to think all the good stuff was wiped away in that single game. It wasn't.

Dammit Roma almost overturned it the way they did with Barca..

Fans may see it as a journey but the guys writing the cheques don't..[emoji52]

I would give up the league for that elusive CL.. seems that sacrifice will need to be made.. League and CL double isn't something you see as often as in the past..something has got to give.

Edited by Gen

I would like nothing more to see Ajax overturn the first leg results.. man they didn't deserve to lose

Best game of that round..

Also stopped watching WWE when I found out it was fake.

Stopped watching Italian football 20 years ago when it became obviously predictable and contrived

18min in and Ajax lead 2-0

They are literally putting Madrid on their arses

Edited by Gen

CL vs PL...has to be PL, that’s bragging rights are....

Or is it CL.....

The English league has to be considered a really powerful one just by looking at qualifiers in CL for the last couple of years so winning the league is probably more difficult ...or is it?

Half time Ajax still have a 2 goal lead and as with the first game dominating play.. EVERYWHERE on the field.

Absolutely stunning making Madrid look average.

18min in and Ajax lead 2-0

They are literally putting Madrid on their arses

Would be a miracle

Would be a miracle

Been great.. just like the first game.. only difference is they are taking their chances this time round..

Just stunning..turning Madrid inside out. They must just not let Madrid get control of the game in the second half..

Gonna watch the spurs game second half. Jerry has to come out guns blazing so shoudl be a good game...and switch to ajax game every now an again