Football

IceCreamMan

Maidstone you beauties. Watched the game. Ref made one or 2 errors which is surprising cos he is a good ref. Went Maidstone’s way. Maidstone play in a regional league , essentially the 6th tier of english football. Players earn about 30 grand a year. Ipswich players earn more than that a week. 

today Newport v Manchester United. Maybe another giant killer. My mate was born in Newport, so he’s wishing for a major upset. Lives on the east rand of jozi now. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Maidstone you beauties. Watched the game. Ref made one or 2 errors which is surprising cos he is a good ref. Went Maidstone’s way. Maidstone play in a regional league , essentially the 6th tier of english football. Players earn about 30 grand a year. Ipswich players earn more than that a week. 

today Newport v Manchester United. Maybe another giant killer. My mate was born in Newport, so he’s wishing for a major upset. Lives on the east rand of jozi now. 

Not to be but gallant effort. 

considering the chasm between the sides it was a great display 

I listened to commentary of the Spurs vs Brentford game last night, while burning the midnight candle.

Real squeaky-bum match as can be expected of Spurs. But those 3 goals in 8 minutes at the start of the 2nd half were stupendous! As can be expected of Spurs...

2 errors from the defence let Brenford get on the scoreboard on both occasions... As can be expected of Spurs. Lol, just as well the ol' ticker is still in reasonably good condition.

3 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

I listened to commentary of the Spurs vs Brentford game last night, while burning the midnight candle.

Real squeaky-bum match as can be expected of Spurs. But those 3 goals in 8 minutes at the start of the 2nd half were stupendous! As can be expected of Spurs...

2 errors from the defence let Brenford get on the scoreboard on both occasions... As can be expected of Spurs. Lol, just as well the ol' ticker is still in reasonably good condition.

I switched between games. Also put a fiver on spurs when they went 1 down. Great result and with Villa losing I might just be getting to pubs on Tuesday/wednesday evenings next season with my spurs fan mate. We hope. 

14 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Keystone defence. Entertaining game though. 

city’s trophy to lose this year. 

City have to play Arsenal and Liverpool still so plenty of twists and turns to come. The game at Anfield could be a real title decider.  Arsenal have really matured this year and gotten over that mental block now by beating City and Liverpool. I think it’s the first time in a long while we actually have 3 teams fighting it out. In a way I think this helps both Arsenal and Liverpool as now City have 2 teams to think about.

So, the incredible run came to an end. Pity but thems the breaks. 

And well, I went to the PSG game last night. In France for a few days with the trouble and strife. 

in other news, ole Arry might be trophy less at the end of the season still. Ironic. Press are having much mirth about it. 

Edited by IceCreamMan