Football

IceCreamMan

Time to get VAR in championship. Swansea goal was offsides. But marginally so. Can’t blame the linesman but he was offsides. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I see Toney is back. A talented footballer for sure. Also a man with a chequered past considering he was done for betting. A no no for footballers ( and sports folks generally). 

my post more to do with the fact he is captain today. Something I reckon is not right. It’s sending a poor image to footballers and wannabe footballers. 

or mebbe I am a cantankerous old fart. 

Remember that Brentford need to keep his stake high considering ge is being scouted and they need him to dig that out of the relegation battle.

I'm not his lengthy ban can be justified when compared with some who have gone before him. 

This is not a justification,  it's merely my POV.

Sheffield vs wet spam. 

6 minutes added on.  Those 6 minutes stretched to 14. 2 red cards and Sheffield are awarded a penalty in the 98th minute. The penalty is taken in the 102nd minute. Game goes on to  104 minutes. 

just mad. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

On the wagering front, been going through a good spell. I now wait for more favourable odds before wagering. I.e if the favoured team go behind early the odds lengthen and I place a bet then. Seems to work quite well. I also tend to cash in now a little earlier and rather make smaller profits but less risk. Pretty much like life really. 

mr hill is now having strategy sessions to counter me. 

but on another note. The gambling industry in this country is massive. Not sure how they all make profits but they do. And big ones. Crazy industry. Also, where and how do they get all their second by second updates. How does that all work, anyone know ?

3 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

On the wagering front, been going through a good spell. I now wait for more favourable odds before wagering. I.e if the favoured team go behind early the odds lengthen and I place a bet then. Seems to work quite well. I also tend to cash in now a little earlier and rather make smaller profits but less risk. Pretty much like life really. 

mr hill is now having strategy sessions to counter me. 

but on another note. The gambling industry in this country is massive. Not sure how they all make profits but they do. And big ones. Crazy industry. Also, where and how do they get all their second by second updates. How does that all work, anyone know ?

I've not been on the bets for a while myself. I kinda like the idea of live betting, it gives options.

Mr Hill actually likes having you. You give hope to gamblers on their behalf - win win. And they don't pay for the marketing... hahahaaaa

The gambling industry around the world is massive! Remember that with globalisation and live broadcast and feeds, information travel is instantaneous. So generally the bookies follow other bookies in a network, just as Fabrizio Romana is followed by journos and other Web content creators, for feeds on transfer news. Except, the bookies follow live feeds for changes in trend.... Voilà 

Watched the game last night. Had to feel for Middlesbrough. But is what it is. Such high hopes dashed. 

hope to get tickets for the final through a Chelsea member, unlikely but gotta try. And , I won a bit so life’s good. 

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I heard The Special One is in the market, again.

Can’t see him at Liverpool. The fans will crucify him. 

but stranger things have happened 

57 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Can’t see him at Liverpool. The fans will crucify him. 
but stranger things have happened 

It was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, from a dormant MU fan. 😊🤡😂😂

He can do another excellent job on Merseyside.

25 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Good game for spurs I thought. Late goal unfortunately. 

another season sans trophy. 

TBF I won’t be surprised if it happens in a year or two.  

Been a while.  Since last they won the league Wenger got his first pro player contract, won the French league as a player, retired, became a manager, won the French league as a manager, won the English league 3 times, retired as a manager.

image.gif.43d90d1d8492bfdcc200b447b702cc86.gif

41 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Good game for spurs I thought. Late goal unfortunately. 

another season sans trophy. 

I only watched highlights of the game. Shitty definitely had the better of the game.

Although, I had to admit that IMO the goal not have stood. Diaz backing into the keeper should have been blown for a foul. However, it is what it it is.

I'm glad for the new boys and those returning from injury to ha e had this game time. I hope it stands them in good stead for the push till the end of season.

It looks like a good side being put together under Ange, so may next year.... hhhhhmmmm,  haven't I said that before.... lol