Football

IceCreamMan

I didn't watch any games this weekend. How does one team have 70% possession and still lose 7 - 2

There were three wicked deflections a terrible goalie error and their high defensive line cost them dearly... but in saying that their defense as a whole was poor and Villa were just better than them ..they were outsmarted on the day, Liverpool were beaten tactically. Villa had a very similar approach as what Leeds had the warning signs were there for Liverpool on the opening day and they seemed to have ignored them.[emoji2368]

This is where Klopp and the players need to improve they struggle to adopt to a different approach..we also saw it against Atletico last season.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With seconds to spare before the Serie A transfer deadline (8pm) Roma have finally purchased Smalling.

I am really happy for him and them he was very good there and adapted well to the life and football in Italy .. I really do hope no fax machines were broken [emoji6]and all documents were sent in before deadline.

Bundasliga deadline has come and gone (think it was at either 5/6pm)so sorry United fans there will be no last gasp Sancho signing.

Edited by Gen

Where are the Arsenal fans

Arsenal have just triggered Thomas Partey release clause, confirmed by to La Liga. Here we go! [emoji837]

Atlético have been informed by Liga - Thomas is in London right now to sign his contract until June 2025 and complete medicals. €50m will be paid immediatly by #AFC. Here we go! [emoji93]

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1313182070080974849?s=19

Race against time now.

Edited by Gen

Arsenal have just triggered Thomas Partey release clause, confirmed by to La Liga. Here we go! [emoji837]

Atlético have been informed by Liga - Thomas is in London right now to sign his contract until June 2025 and complete medicals. €50m will be paid immediatly by #AFC. Here we go! [emoji93]

Race against time now.

Sjoe seems everything was done just in time

This is a very good signing for Arsenal

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1313241301148749824?s=19

Race against time now.

While I'm very happy with the signing I'm upset that it took so long. Yes Aouar was our main target but if we had 45M for Partey then either we should have finalised this deal at the beginning of the window giving the player time to adjust to the new league and team, or we should have forked out the extra 5m for Aouar, but once again months ago!

This is what i liked about Chelsea this window. They got their stuffs done nice and early. 

While I'm very happy with the signing I'm upset that it took so long. Yes Aouar was our main target but if we had 45M for Partey then either we should have finalised this deal at the beginning of the window giving the player time to adjust to the new league and team, or we should have forked out the extra 5m for Aouar, but once again months ago!

This is what i liked about Chelsea this window. They got their stuffs done nice and early.

The hold up there would've come from Atlético's side according to La Liga rules a player has to go before a new one can come....so don't be too hard on your club with how long it took..also I suspect they would've preferred to pay a bit less but in the end just paid his buy out clause.. it's been a tricky transfer window for most clubs. And its notoriously difficult negotiating with Spanish clubs that why Arsenal just ended up walking into La Liga's head office and paying the paying the buy out clause. We also dont know what the situation around agent fees and image rights are.. so its tough.

Something about Aour is puzzling to me a few clubs were very interested (we were also heavily linked) only to pull the plug.

Edited by Gen

Something about Aour is puzzling to me a few clubs were very interested (we were also heavily linked) only to pull the plug.

I think Lyon's presidents harball stance on the fee for a 22 year old who's stats aren't mind blowing is what put many clubs off. Even though the kids has so much potential and will most probably become hugely successful when moving to a bigger team. 

Lol what to do when you are stuck in your Bubble.. the first team staff play a game [emoji1787]

This was yesterday mandatory isolation at the training facility ended today.. good thing they built that hotel..made things a lot easier.

https://youtu.be/qG4sw7FPFOQ

Edited by Gen

• 2 weeks later...

lots of goals being scored, interesting that no fans and goals go up. 

Jose must have shouted them loud, bale showed a flash or 2 of brilliance. 

Saints come back for an improabable point.

And Villa, well, last year they would have been relegated but for Saints winning a crucial game and look at em now. 

And Villa, well, last year they would have been relegated but for Saints winning a crucial game and look at em now. 

Don't worry they will drop off. Every year we see a team(Think Hull, Wolves etc ) near the top until Christmas then they drop down. Nevertheless i think their fan base are appreciating every single point at the moment. 

Don't worry they will drop off. Every year we see a team(Think Hull, Wolves etc ) near the top until Christmas then they drop down. Nevertheless i think their fan base are appreciating every single point at the moment. 

i agree, they do not have the depth. but for now they are superb and winning away which they could not do most of last season, and not only winning away but at liverpool and leicester....wow...they could conceivably go top.

By the way, since no fans at premier games i go to non league games and specifically Guildford City games. Home town. About 300 ppl turn up on a good day but we have fun and its cool to be out and support footie. 

We are crap, languishing 3 rd last in the league but its fun and its only 8 quid plus 1 for hte lad and its 10 minutes from home and on the bus route so i can have a bevvy or 2. Grass roots football and one or 2 of the lads are superb players and i expect to see em move to league teams in the future. 

Last nights 0 0 draw ended a record of sorts being the first 0 0 draw in the season. And thats after 47 games...lack of fans is doing something to the game

Edited by IceCreamMan

European Premier League: Talks take place over new £4.6bn tournament https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54621189

Think this will happen at some point. The big clubs are in a super league an need to compete with each other. The likes of West Ham, saints, Leicester, Everton etc just can’t compete.

This has been an idea for some time..yet somehow people always seem against it..

We spoke of the super league here a few times the last few years.