Football

IceCreamMan

That challenge on Walcott was a foul.

Not sure what commentators said but from my couch that was a penalty.

Speaking of him shrewd call bringing him back. Shame he never quite attained the heights expected. Maybe too much too soon. Ralph made some shrewd decisions.

Nearly a year since the infamous Leicester result. Last season after 8 games we had 6 or 7 points. It’s a turnaround of note.

Now watch the money come in to take Ralph away...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now watch the money come in to take Ralph away...

Sadly , yes. Surprised he lasted this long given his turnaround last season. 

I think Ralph one of those managers that does well with limited resources, given unlimited budgets not sure he would be viewed as favourably. He contrnues like this though man united will come knocking. 

Cant afford to lose another good manager though. Of the last run of managers only one was fired and that after getting to a final. Managers tend to move to richer clubs. 

Phew! Spurs have made hard work of getting to the top of the table, albeit for the next 2 hours possibly...

Holding thumbs for City to check me through for you, although I would prefer a draw

Hard luck for the bet, but I’m sure there is some consolation when looking at the top 4 standings after this weekends round - even if there is a winner in the next game :thumbs:

Edited by RoddieJ

I wonder what is the percentage of VAR calls are over turned from the on field decision? Seems like very time they go VAR, the ref's call is overruled. 

That was not football.... 

Villa been a bit of revelation, they have a game in hand too. But for a defeat handed to them by the mighty saints they could be top. with a game in hand. But not to be. 

Its a topsy turvy season. Incredible results to date. 

Villa been a bit of revelation, they have a game in hand too. But for a defeat handed to them by the mighty saints they could be top. with a game in hand. But not to be. 

Its a topsy turvy season. Incredible results to date. 

I think a lot of it is down to the bigger teams being in Europe and having an insane fixture list... the lower teams, and there are no easy teams in the Prem, play once a week, prep properly and come in flying and fresh. We're 8 games into the season and the players are looking knackered and the injury counts are rising... 

Going to be a very interesting season

I think a lot of it is down to the bigger teams being in Europe and having an insane fixture list... the lower teams, and there are no easy teams in the Prem, play once a week, prep properly and come in flying and fresh. We're 8 games into the season and the players are looking knackered and the injury counts are rising...

Going to be a very interesting season

This fixture congestion anomaly has been going on for as long as I can remember live TV broadcasts dictating.

So, while I’m inclined to agree that teams playing Euro games are at a disadvantage, there is also the advantage they have of competing more frequently, and having the budgets for bigger squads. Therefore, if the teams playing in Europe better managed their spend then they could be doing well...

Anyway, I’m just glad that Mourinho complained when he did, and since no other manager was backing him a month ago he can now sit back and listen to their collective moaning!

I’m just glad that Spurs went the route of a bigger, more competitive squad this season. Unlike previous seasons where the reliance was on the core of the squad being overplayed.