Football

IceCreamMan

1 minute ago, RoddieJ said:

If only I knew better than to rely on Cheatski when placing my bets…. 
I gave them a winning chance at home, in a 5-way bet, and it lost me a handsome R580

And Orlando Pirates in the other, also a 5-way, go and lose me R270!!

Could've been a nice long weekend mind you… lol

Now I’m R30 out of pocket. Drat!!

Yeah, my relationship with William hill soured a bit recently. Down 20 quid this month mostly on the back of Chelsea losing all the time. Did have a flutter on spurs at 4:1 which nearly paid off and I would be up. One of them things. 

meanwhile, saints lose again. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To think…

Gooners could’ve won that game in the 1st half…!

But Spurs should definitely have made them pay the price in the 2nd half!!

Was a pretty entertaining game overall, and both sides can be happy with a share of the spoils…

After the lessons learned over 6 matches, we look forward to the challenge of a high-flying’Pool next weekend.

Onward and upward! COYS

2 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Yeah, my relationship with William hill soured a bit recently. Down 20 quid this month mostly on the back of Chelsea losing all the time. Did have a flutter on spurs at 4:1 which nearly paid off and I would be up. One of them things. 

meanwhile, saints lose again. 

Cheatski are just the pits at the minute!

I hear their supporters are looking for a new manager…. LOL!! Brats!!

2 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Cheatski are just the pits at the minute!

I hear their supporters are looking for a new manager…. LOL!! Brats!!

Forget Graham Potter they need his bruv….harry to sort this **** out. Maybe Eddie jones could fix em. 

I have lost a fair bit on Chelsea bets thus far this season. Crazy when you think they’re spend vs results. Worse league position of the London clubs. 

8 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Forget Graham Potter they need his bruv….harry to sort this **** out. Maybe Eddie jones could fix em. 

I have lost a fair bit on Chelsea bets thus far this season. Crazy when you think they’re spend vs results. Worse league position of the London clubs. 

They get what they deserve!

A bit of perspective:  In their last 38 EPL games, Chelski have scored just 39 points!?  Enzo Fernández, bought for £107 mil in January, has played in 23 league games and has won just O-N-C-E.

Spurs were the underdogs at 9:5 so out a few quid. Liveroool down to 9 men. Could cash in and make a few or hold on and hope spurs win. 

decisions decisions. 

saints won so clawed back a bit , spurs win I would be up a few quid this month. 

On 9/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Well done spurs. Own goals for the win. 

Relentless pressure by Spurs resulted in the ultimate error by Liverpool.

The same relentless pressure could also have given them chances to counter and score - onside or not! 

4 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Relentless pressure by Spurs resulted in the ultimate error by Liverpool.

The same relentless pressure could also have given them chances to counter and score - onside or not! 

Looks like VAR made an error in the game, very lucky spurs win. 

17 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Looks like VAR made an error in the game, very lucky spurs win. 

It's as if Liverpool were innocent bystanders... And team that gets 2 red cards in a match can't blame the opponents.

Unfortunately for them, VAR robbed them of the Diaz goal, but that's football... just like the 2019 Champions League Final, where they benefitted 

8 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

It's as if Liverpool were innocent bystanders... And team that gets 2 red cards in a match can't blame the opponents.

Unfortunately for them, VAR robbed them of the Diaz goal, but that's football... just like the 2019 Champions League Final, where they benefitted 

Fair point. 

2 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Interesting

Tottenham v Liverpool VAR: Audio of Luis Diaz disallowed goal released https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67003308

Sets a precedent for all future disputes!

I don't see how Howard Webb decided to bow to this pressure. Let's see how he handles the same thing next time.

Secondly, mistakes are part of the game and will continue for as long as there is competition.

1 minute ago, RoddieJ said:

Sets a precedent for all future disputes!

I don't see how Howard Webb decided to bow to this pressure. Let's see how he handles the same thing next time.

Secondly, mistakes are part of the game and will continue for as long as there is competition.

I agree. But this is a potential disaster with millions and millions at stake. Just one position difference in the league is worth millions , imagine Liverpool lose out on the title by a point. 

it’s a cluster and this audio should never have been released. VAR was implemented to prevent errors. And yes, errors will happen I agree. William hill paid out my bet so I am glad the error went my way 😂

Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool are delusional if they believe that the Premier League will grant them a REPLAY after PGMOL have called the incident in Saturday's match "a serious human error"!

Especially since he states that "something like this has never happened before"

It cannot be substantiated that it was a "defining moment that changed the game." His charges went on to give up 2 red cards in the same match! Does he honestly think anybody will believe those 2 red would not have happened if they were awarded the goal?? He is delusional...

But let's wait and see...