Football

IceCreamMan

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I get all that and I understand that these things happen to all clubs. However you have to admit that this particular incident is a bit different. Here the officials actually got the decision right. I mean you can hear it in the audio. The communication was just terrible and the arrogance of the refs to not fix the mistake is the problem for me. Common sense needed to be applied here and the game should’ve been stopped. They realised the mistake like 3 secs later. I’m still in disbelief how they opted not to stop the game. This is where stuff like match fixing comes into the discussion. And again this has nothing to do with spurs as they are completely innocent here but the fact that the same official is now banned from all Liverpool games. I mean what the hell man? This just makes the integrity of the game even more compromised. 

So I understand your frustration but I honestly feel that Liverpool actually doing something is good int the sense that maybe just maybe these officials will be better next time. 

I unfortunately do not see this incident as any different... these occurrences have come up since time immemorial and will continue. 

The reason the game could not be stopped is because there are no rules under which they could stop them. Irrespective of how many seconds after the game was restarted. Once the free kick was taken the previous phase of play could not be reverted to. So in that case they did the right thing, which was nothing.

I do agree however, that the decision making of the VAR and referee were poorly communicated... but these things can happen in high pressure situations. It's the processes that are the flaw here. Have a look at the suggest by PGMOL to mitigate future occurrences. They are looking at improving language and communication to improve decision-making. Good job on them. But they still can't go back on the result.

Liverpool doing something about it is still to satisfy their own ends! They could've done this when Wolves were the aggrieved party and Liverpool the benefactor,  but it wasn't in their best interest.

I have a problem with officials being stood down from matches in instances like this. Firstly,  it is demoralising,  discriminatory and poorly managed. Referees should only be encouraged and up-skilled to help them cope better. Removing Refs from officiating certain matches or teams only adds to the suppression and propogates the opportunity to damn Refs. Everyone forgets that good Refs are in short supply - so where do the replacements  come from? Lower leagues and with minimal experience - so how are these replacements expected to be on top of their game? Lose-Lose situation at best.

I think PGMOL should be focusing on improve standard of Refs rather than spending their time pandering to the whims of individually aggreaved clubs. Their jobs are to implement the law, not be lectured on the rights or wrongs of the law. Howard Webb has his work cut out. He needs to stop playing 'Good Cop'

Anyway,  I dislike Jurgen Klopp even more! 🤣 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

As for title challengers. Yes, I do think Liverpool will be the only challengers to City because they are the only ones who have done it before. Arsenal might challenge but I still think they lack the mentality when things get tough. We’ll see if they are better this season. I think Spurs are nailed on to get 4th. Ange is doing great things but still way too early for me. We need to see how you react to adversity and pressure. So far so good though and I hope you do well. The league needs more challengers. But yeah, Liverpool have shown in the past they can stick with City and push them so that’s why I would have them as closest challengers. I still think City will probably win it again though. 

Spurs are going to win the EPL this season, by 2 points! 

The same 2 points that Liverpool are crying over, because they would've gladly taken a point from this game.

😆 🤣 😂 

Luton Town vs Tottenham Hotspur

Let's see if Spuds can occupy the top of the table for a few hours at least.

Unless Arsenal vs Shitty ends in a draw then the top stop can be had for the next 2 weeks... 🫰🏽

Good day on the bets today.

Picked up 15:1 across 5 matches ManU had me crapping my pants, lol... I felt that was my biggest risk, but hey, they came through.

A pity I chose not to add Cheatski

Damn Liverpool....!!

At least WHM vs NEW returned enough to all my bets today.

Of course the main match is now moot because BHA vs LIV didn't produce a winner

2 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Damn Liverpool....!!

At least WHM vs NEW returned enough to all my bets today.

Of course the main match is now moot because BHA vs LIV didn't produce a winner

Thought Brighton were robbed in this game. 

3 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

And I put a tenner on Arsenal at 3 to 1 after half time. Just cashed in 34. Makes up for my recent losses. 

Gotta be kicking yourself now Mate...

With this result, had Liverpool won I would've been in on a 40:1 bet having called the other matches.... Trust Arsenal!!! Hahahaaaaa

16 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Thought Brighton were robbed in this game. 

Now we will have Liverpool Supporters complaining for another week.

Maybe Klopp will even call for a replay.

4 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Gotta be kicking yourself now Mate...

With this result, had Liverpool won I would've been in on a 40:1 bet having called the other matches.... Trust Arsenal!!! Hahahaaaaa

I was down around 20 this weekend and did not want to risk this. So cashed in. 

So up around 4 for the weekend. 😂. The life of a high roller hey. 

11 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Now we will have Liverpool Supporters complaining for another week.

Maybe Klopp will even call for a replay.

You whine more about Liverpool supporters than Liverpool supporters do about an incorrect decision. Pot kettle... Black. 

2 hours ago, Gnarly said:

You whine more about Liverpool supporters than Liverpool supporters do about an incorrect decision. Pot kettle... Black. 

Lol, maybe it's just a trend... 

There's absolutely no ways that none of you guys have anything to say about this weekend's RWC Quaterfinal matches....

Well I scored 60 bucks on the best, but I also lost 40... Predicted an Eng v SA semi and that's what saved my bacon, lol

But the matches were absolutely insane!!! Top notch, unlike quarterfinals in our beautiful game that tend to be cagey, defensive, "tactical" and downright boring.

15 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

There's absolutely no ways that none of you guys have anything to say about this weekend's RWC Quaterfinal matches....

Well I scored 60 bucks on the best, but I also lost 40... Predicted an Eng v SA semi and that's what saved my bacon, lol

But the matches were absolutely insane!!! Top notch, unlike quarterfinals in our beautiful game that tend to be cagey, defensive, "tactical" and downright boring.

Sadly. I lost a bit this weekend. I thought boks would win by 13 or more so went in at 5:1. That , and I lost on a football match too. Blackpool vs tranmere. 

so down 20 for the month. I am wounded. Mortally so. 

as to the rugby. Insane all round. I did not watch England Fiji as I thought it would be a white wash. ( to be clear , for England ;)  ). 

Game last night was off the hook. Exhilirating game and rugby was the ultimate winner I thought. Boks in 2007 and 2019 were a lil lucky I thought not play ABs in knockout games. So this sets up a proper final to bury all those ghosts …… or not. 

Better luck next time Mate 🫰🏽

Had a good return on last week's Euro Quali matches..  about time!

I've ZAR10 on each of these two... (can't decide between Greece v Netherlands) in tonight's Euro Quali matches... 

Aust, Belg, Port, Neth/Gree, Slov

Odds are 30:1 & 15:1.... So here goes 🫰🏽