Football

IceCreamMan

Exciting game. Spain could potentially get fined 30 grand each time yamal plays after 11 pm in Germany 

Edited by IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Exciting game. Spain could potentially get fined 30 grand each time yamal plays after 11 pm in Germany 

Agreed.

Isn't it just ridiculous!!

There's no doubt the boy is really talented.

That penalty. Not so sure about it but I will take it. 

Up 70 quid now. Most of that made by betting on teams that have gone 1 down early in the game. England underdogs in final. Tempting. 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

That penalty. Not so sure about it but I will take it. 

Up 70 quid now. Most of that made by betting on teams that have gone 1 down early in the game. England underdogs in final. Tempting. 

Sometimes decisions go your way, other times not!

I've heard it said many times during this tournament about the England squad being prepared and ready.... now they are in the final. It's 90 or 120 minutes to keep that mentality and resilience going!

Overcoming this Spain side won't be a walk in the park, but this is football... anything can happen!

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, ScottCM said:

Match fixing at its best 🥸

About the penalty decision:  75% of the ITV halftime ex-player pundits used the term "disgraceful decision", including two from England.  In-match commentators on both the streams I flipped between shared the sentiment, using terms like "bizarre" and "I can't believe it". 

There were a few more dodgy decisions that made it seem even more suspect, including in the lead-up to England's second goal.  Turns out that ref Zwayer in fact has a criminal conviction for matchfixing. 

There have been more very controversial issues.  After one match England's own Jude Bellingham said this about ref Zwayer:  "You give a referee that has match fixed before the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?"  

Edited by justinafrika

The ref initially awarded a goal kick. So can’t throw shade at the ref. It was the VAR ref that called the penalty and resulted in ref going to monitor and determining the penalty. 

that challenge would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch , so why not the penalty box. It was reckless and dangerous. 

29 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

that challenge would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch , so why not the penalty box. It was reckless and dangerous.

Dumfries didn't challenge Kane, he wasn't going for Kane and didn't even attempt a tackle.  Wasn't close to Kane before Kane advanced and kicked Dumfries.   Dumfries was trying to block the ball.  As soon as I thought that two commentators said the same thing. 

Hilarious how Harry's histrionics made it seem that his foot had been blown off, only to get up without the slightest hint of discomfort or a limp.  Neymar would have been proud to get away with it. 

Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and Roy Keane expressed astonishment, all three calling it a disgraceful decision.

Edited by justinafrika

20 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Dumfries didn't challenge Kane, he wasn't going for Kane and didn't even attempt a tackle.  Wasn't close to Kane before Kane advanced and kicked Dumfries.   Dumfries was trying to block the ball.  As soon as I thought that two commentators said the same thing. 

Hilarious how Harry's histrionics made it seem that his foot had been blown off, only to get up without the slightest hint of discomfort or a limp.  Neymar would have been proud to get away with it. 

Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and Roy Keane expressed astonishment, all three calling it a disgraceful decision.

Some days it goes your way, other days not so. 

I reckon good arguments can be made for both views. In this instance I won 20 quid so I will take it and the pubs gonna be heaving on Sunday evening. 

too early to call a sickie on Monday? Asking for a friend. 

Ain’t coming home is it mate?  

but an entertaining game, far more so than what I was expecting. Made 60 quid over the euros so all good.

now onto premiership. 

Agreed.

Congratulations to Germany and UEFA for putting together a well organised tournament. 

Congratulations to England for reaching the Final.

Congratulations to Spain for bring back beautiful football, and winning the tournament in Style.

545 matches for 7 teams. 

6 finals.

0 goals.  0 assists.  0 wins.

In fact, more yellow cards in finals than shots on target.

78 attempts at a trophy in all competitions.  0 trophies.

By now I imagine we all know who this perennially overrated loser is...

I never understood all the hype.

• 1 month later...

Welcome back spurs. And Vardy you legend. 

saints should have wiped the floor with Newcastle but alas. Not to be. Did everything but score. 

Farnborough FC top their division after 2 games. That’s never happened before so here’s hoping. Going again tonight. I have a platinum lounge season ticket and on Saturday played Torquay United. Well well well, guess who I had lunch with. The legendary Neil Warnock. He has retired from football but involved with the Torquay structures. What an unassuming man. 75 years old and moves like a 50 year old. 

as to my betting. So far I have put down 5 bets. Lost all 5. 😢

Got to the ground real early. Was expecting more traffic. Some pics. Had a chat to the manager. Wished him well. All rather civilised. Gonna tuck into a meal , a pint and then show time. 

IMG_0134.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

IMG_0136.jpeg

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg