Football

IceCreamMan

Great penalty save. Was needed.

Awesome goal

Just a thought , top 4 in premiership may not be a champions league spot next year depending on permutations. 4th May be europa

In all fareness that was a really poor penalty from Aguero...very poor..won't make an easier save, went the right way and that is all he needed to do.

City have been poor.. Spurs have done a good number on them gave them little time on the ball took away their strengths.

Really nice goal from Son. And Kane.. oh man.. he just took himself out probably for the rest of the season that was a stupid tackle to try and make.. came in late and well that is what can happen.

Well done Spurs

Now all they need to do is score one away goal to make it very difficult for City in

Manchester

Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane limping off does not bode well but agree silly to commit like that there.

Son to me is a better player than Kane.. he offers so much more to the team.. a target man is replaceable.. someone with Son's qualities are more valuable IMO.

Look not saying Kane is not good he is a very good striker..just my opinion on it.

Edited by Gen

Son to me is a better player than Kane.. he offers so much more to the team.. a target man is replaceable.. someone with Son's qualities are more valuable to IMO..

Hhhmmmmm... I’m going to disagree... Only because Kane comes in deeper to draw the central defenders from their defensive line, thereby creating the space and opportunity for Son and Alli to play in.... That’s the value of Harry Kane when he isn’t scoring

Harry Kane also has more assists than Son, albeit that he gets more minutes.... but probably still a higher return if assists/minute played.

They are very different and complimentary players.

Hhhmmmmm... I’m going to disagree... Only because Kane comes in deeper to draw the central defenders from their defensive line, thereby creating the space and opportunity for Son and Alli to play in.... That’s the value of Harry Kane when he isn’t scoring

I understand what you are saying but all strikers at that level should he doing that. And Spurs have bench players that do that job as well..maybe not as well as Kane..but none the less their hold up play and movement off the ball is still good to be able to draw out defenders ..

Son is special.. I really like him..it would've been a big loss had he gone off injured.

Speaking of Dele Ali..that wrist injury not a great sign for him.

Edited by Gen

I understand what you are saying but all strikers at that level should he doing that. And Spurs have bench players that do that job as well..maybe not as well as Kane..but none the less their hold up play and movement off the ball is still good to be able to draw out defenders ..

Son is special.. I really like him..it would've been a big loss had he gone off injured.

Speaking of Dele Ali..that wrist injury not a great sign for him.

Spurs definitely need Son, he is invaluable to their style of play.

Ali’s injury is also a worry... and the funny thing is, he got injured just after Kane in Jan... And Son did exceptionally well in their absence... So.....

Son had a lot of space tonight. Not sure why city allowed that. He was the target man out on the right..

Sets up a great return leg.

Roll on tomorrow. Old trafford will be buzzing.

Son had a lot of space tonight. Not sure why city allowed that. He was the target man out on the right..

.6a029e08dee24eec5629caf965cdc571.jpg

Chiellini and Can didn't travel to Amsterdam..2 big blows for us.. but I have faith in our squad we have available.

What will happen will happen just as long as they fight for it...and for the love of all things good someone needs to shut down De Jong ..that guy is very dangerous, everything goes through him.

He always finds space.Thats his asset.He is always on the move

Spurs you Poopholes!!!! You were supposed to do that in the league game, not CL. 

haha ya ney

hopefully they have the blueprint now. maybe they can mail it to united too.

Harry Kane also has more assists than Son, albeit that he gets more minutes.... but probably still a higher return if assists/minute played.

They are very different and complimentary players.

I know we've done okay without Kane in the past, but I am also pretty sure it's down to everyone pulling up tree's knowing that he's not in the team...

It's not just the goals, it's the hold up play, closing down, link up play... he honestly does it all.

His passing this season is just ridiculous.

Son is a brilliant player, make no mistake, but he does have his off days and just doesn't influence games as much or as regularly as Kane...

Privileged to have them both. 

Our front four of Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen is a thing of beauty... I don't think there is a defense in the world that looks forward to playing them.

I know we've done okay without Kane in the past, but I am also pretty sure it's down to everyone pulling up tree's knowing that he's not in the team...

It's not just the goals, it's the hold up play, closing down, link up play... he honestly does it all.

His passing this season is just ridiculous.

Son is a brilliant player, make no mistake, but he does have his off days and just doesn't influence games as much or as regularly as Kane...

Privileged to have them both.

Our front four of Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen is a thing of beauty... I don't think there is a defense in the world that looks forward to playing them.

Off topic a bit but will Spurs have a little bit of budget to make some signings, there will be extra cash generated from TV rights by reaching the 1/4 and even more of they go further?

And do you think Poch will stay if they can't make signings?

Off topic a bit but will Spurs have a little bit of budget to make some signings, there will be extra cash generated from TV rights by reaching the 1/4 and even more of they go further?

And do you think Poch will stay if they can't make signings?

It's the golden question... I don't actually think Levy has a choice though if he want's to keep this project going. If we don't sign some players and show some proper ambition in the market, we will lose our big players... and Poch might well also say he has taken us as far as we can - that I think would be the biggest loss.

We've obviously got a little stadium bill to sort out too... 1billion is a large ugly number, but I think probably half of that is already paid off and we're sitting with a facility of some sorts for the other half. We did make a 'profit' of 140million this last calendar year, so if we can keep those sort of earnings coming in, we could hopefully be burden free within the next decade. We do of course have plenty potential for increasing revenues with the new stadium, but the Spurs project still needs to be viable and we need to keep improving on the field.

Player wise I think Eriksen is quite likely on his way out... figures of 140mil being bandied about and not much sign of him signing a fresh deal. He's a replaceable though I reckon, and for that figure, if his hearts not in it, I can live with him going. Liverpool found life after Coutinho, we will to. I am sure playing in our front line is quite an attractive option for players. Toby is the other worry too... we will need another CB soon.

Give Poch that Eriksen money and say 60million more and we've got the potential to sign 4/5 hopefully really good players to strengthen the squad. Hopefully we don't lose too many others either...

We need a better RB, another CB, two CM's and then possibly an Eriksen replacement.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead - hopefully very good ones