Football

IceCreamMan

If City and Liverpool win on Sunday they will be the second and third highest totals in Premier League history... not too shabby

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-premier-league-teams-points-total-greatest-manchester-city-liverpool?page=0%2C1

And don't forget there were 4 English teams in the last 8 and it looks quite likely there will be two in the Europa league final. So they probably deserve a little respect I reckon...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If City and Liverpool win on Sunday they will be the second and third highest totals in Premier League history... not too shabby

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-premier-league-teams-points-total-greatest-manchester-city-liverpool?page=0%2C1

And don't forget there were 4 English teams in the last 8 and it looks quite likely there will be two in the Europa league final. So they probably deserve a little respect I reckon...

I said was they did blink not that they are cr@p....never nice when it is not in your own hands...I am half Italian you know how many times I have had to sit by and rely on other results to see my teams progress..exhausting .

Has it been good to watch sure.. esp after they both stopped dropping points..

weekly pressure to see who will crumble first... it remains to be seen if both PL teams will end up in the CL final there are games to be played. If they do, well done to them, if not well then semi final for Spurs is massive revenue added on to budget..Liverpool would lose revenue as they wouldnt have made it to the final as they did last year..

Spurs have been good to watch in the CL.. you count them out them bang they pull it off.. hope you can hold onto Poch..he does well with little imagine what he could do with more..

It won't be long before big offers come

Edited by Gen

Also interested to see who else comes up from the Championship, hoping Leeds or Villa, would be good to have them back.

I have been holding back on calling LEEDS back in for far too long now (and not just this season!).

Top of the league at christmas

in the top 2 and automatic place all season, and 3 point buffer with 4 games to play.

then EASTER happened.

4 points from the last 5 games, and even losing to the bottom team on the table with 10men on the final day.

on from Villa have to be favourites from the final 4, 25 pts from the final 30.

the only positive is that top scorer Roofe is back from injury

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7ZVi8Abdg/?igshid=1sduz7e33jhxq

I said was they did blink not that they are cr@p....never nice when it is not in your own hands...I am half Italian you know how many times I have had to sit by and rely on other results to see my teams progress..exhausting .

Has it been good to watch sure.. esp after they both stopped dropping points..

weekly pressure to see who will crumble first... it remains to be seen if both PL teams will end up in the CL final there are games to be played. If they do, well done to them, if not well then semi final for Spurs is massive revenue added on to budget..Liverpool would lose revenue as they wouldnt have made it to the final as they did last year..

Spurs have been good to watch in the CL.. you count them out them bang they pull it off.. hope you can hold onto Poch..he does well with little imagine what he could do with more..

You said Liverpool tossed it away earlier  ;) 

Tossed away is what Spurs did with their 3rd place...

I was just illustrating that they didn't... it's been arm wrestled slowly away from them by an absolute juggernaut. And when I spoke of blinking, it was with regards to the run in, neither team has dropped a point in two months, playing twice a week often. It's been incredible and you have to feel for Liverpool...

(but then you remember how over the top some of their fans can get, and you feel a little less sorry  :lol:)

I am obviously a huge fan of Poch, and I also like that he is a good fit for Spurs. We do obviously need to spend some money now, and I think we will... I would expect at least 3 good recruits this window, all will likely be under 24 with potential, more than the finished article. 

And saying he would do better with big funds... you just never know. He's a coach as much as a manager, he likes to shape and mold players into the team style and format. At Spurs he fits, he's at home and the pressure for immediate results is less than at Utd or Real.

Long may he stay

I have been holding back on calling LEEDS back in for far too long now (and not just this season!).

Top of the league at christmas

in the top 2 and automatic place all season, and 3 point buffer with 4 games to play.

then EASTER happened.

4 points from the last 5 games, and even losing to the bottom team on the table with 10men on the final day.

on from Villa have to be favourites from the final 4, 25 pts from the final 30.

the only positive is that top scorer Roofe is back from injury

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7ZVi8Abdg/?igshid=1sduz7e33jhxq

I can tell you the drop-off is likely fatigue... it's a common occurrence with Bielsa (and Poch) in the first season with the intense change in the players training regime. Luckily by the second/third season the players have adapted and their fitness actually has them finishing stronger than other teams... it's worth the wait  :thumbup:

(but then you remember how over the top some of their fans can get, and you feel a little less sorry [emoji38])

Yeah they have always been the reason many don't want the team to do well.. in the past Liverpool at least had Gerrard and Torres .. Gerrard man that guy was awesome.. so you could at least smile on them.. but there just is no Gerrard..no one in that team is like him, that one guy that that can just elevate everyone around him to do the impossible (besides a few slips here and there[emoji6]) so hard to go damn I hope they win because of this or that player or that player... maybe their fans feel that way about a certain player.. but from the outside I don't see it... maybe in time it will be Van Dijk.. if they can hold on to him for years to come.

As for Poch some thing I really like about him is his tactical brain..yes it doesn't always work.. man that guy is smart, it was so clear to see during the first leg of the City quarterfinal where they took away City's strengths.

If Spurs go through to the final it will be because the players would've been able to apply the exact tactics he has come up with.... they do run the risk of going for that early away goal and then conceded..a very disciplined game is needed.

Should be a good game.[emoji122]

As for Poch some thing I really like about him is his tactical brain..yes it doesn't always work.. man that guy is smart, it was so clear to see during the first leg of the City quarterfinal where they took away City's strengths.

If Spurs go through to the final it will be because the players would've been able to apply the exact tactics he has come up with.... they do run the risk of going for that early away goal and then conceded..a very disciplined game is needed.

Should be a good game.[emoji122]

Yip, he's honest too... he said straight up he botched up the strat for the Ajax game, but fixed it when Vertonghen came off. From there on it really was a very different game...

Sonny hopefully gonna score some goals tomorrow  :thumbup: 

And we'll be facing Liverpool in the final after Origi scores 6 goals in the last 10 minutes

Yip, he's honest too... he said straight up he botched up the strat for the Ajax game, but fixed it when Vertonghen came off. From there on it really was a very different game...

Sonny hopefully gonna score some goals tomorrow [emoji106]

And we'll be facing Liverpool in the final after Origi scores 6 goals in the last 10 minutes

So you would rather face Liverpool than Barca... or are you looking for a all English team final?

So you would rather face Liverpool than Barca... or are you looking for a all English team final?

I'd prefer Barca I reckon... and then Messi to pull a hammy in the warm-up   :ph34r: 

First gotta get there though!

I'd prefer Barca I reckon... and then Messi to pull a hammy in the warm-up :ph34r:

First gotta get there though!

No man.. don't say things like that out loud.. don't tempt fate and end up with team news that Son pulled up during warm up today[emoji6]

Not saying they both haven't had a great season

.. Liverpool were at one stage well in the driving seat with a very handy lead

Been good to watch none the less.

Everybody seems to forget that City had a five point lead before that, but the narrative seems to dictate that them being reeled in didn't happen.

semi final for Spurs is massive revenue added on to budget..Liverpool would lose revenue as they wouldnt have made it to the final as they did last year..

Nope.

CL revenue has increased substantially and Liverpool earned around 78m Euros last year, this year even assuming bombing out at the semi-final stage has seen an increase to 92m Euros.

Nope.

CL revenue has increased substantially and Liverpool earned around 78m Euros last year, this year even assuming bombing out at the semi-final stage has seen an increase to 92m Euros.

And the TV rights revenue?

Cause teams get prize money and TV rights revenue depending on how far they go in competition..anyone know what the split is this year?

Prize money is only one part of revenue earned.

Not sure how they do it exactly .. but I think if say only 1 or the 2 PL made it this far their share of TV revenue would be higher than spitting it between 2... so Barca and Ajax would earn more in TV revenue than each of the PL make.....

But let me know of you find out.

Edited by Gen

And the TV rights revenue?

Cause teams get prize money and TV rights revenue depending on how far they go in competition..anyone know what the split is this year?

Prize money is only one part of revenue earned.

Not sure how they do it exactly .. but I think if say only 1 or the 2 PL made it this far their share of TV revenue would be higher than spitting it between 2... so Barca and Ajax would earn more in TV revenue than each of the PL make.....

But let me know of you find out.

That is the whole figure inclusive of TV rights, coefficient rating, prize money etc.The TV pool seems to be split into percentages based on your league finishing position not on CL performance (that triggers a higher co-efficient payment).

The TV payments are also linked to the value of your home market so, oddly, Barcelona would earn less than Juventus (was the example I saw). Ajax for sure won't get a particularly high payment in comparison with teams from Italy, Spain and England.

Swiss Ramble on Twitter has a really good guide - 

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1039056886610505729?lang=en

That is the whole figure inclusive of TV rights, coefficient rating, prize money etc.The TV pool seems to be split into percentages based on your league finishing position not on CL performance (that triggers a higher co-efficient payment).

The TV payments are also linked to the value of your home market so, oddly, Barcelona would earn less than Juventus (was the example I saw). Ajax for sure won't get a particularly high payment in comparison with teams from Italy, Spain and England.

Swiss Ramble on Twitter has a really good guide -

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1039056886610505729?lang=en

Cool thx.

I know the year we lost to Madrid in the final we got if I can remember €110m.. we got quite a bit more than Madrid who won the CL (81m) .. crazy old football world.

Edited by Gen