Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That equal share column is what really makes the prem different level to the rest... wish more leagues would adopt that policy.

Serie A do (not sure about other leagues), the amount is just a lot less...

88a000508e29ccb5cdf33af6baa95c10.jpg

Great player... always used to sign him for my teams in Championship manager a decade plus back [emoji38]

Heart and soul for club and country

So sad.. my son will be devastated .. we've seen it coming but the finality of it is crushing..

His farewell will be almost as emotional as what Totti's was.. damnn now that was the most emotion farewell I ever saw.

Edited by Gen

So silly season already in full swing... 

What I suspect Spurs moves will look like:

Sessegnon from Fulham... a bit raw, but full of potential, speed and he's English. Poch could do wonders with him.

Andre Gomes from Barca (who was on loan at Everton) looks a good midfield option along with Tielemans from Monaco (also on loan at Leicester). Both sensibly priced, youngish and fit the Poch mould and would bolster a definite weakness in our current squad.

If Eriksen leaves, as I suspect he will... I'd hope they go hard for Coutinho who seems available. Biggest challenge might well be his wages. Other good and probably more realistic options I reckon would be De Beek or Ziyech from Ajax or Maddison from Leicester.

If we lose Alderweireld as expected, we'll definitely need to sign a couple CB's as Vertonghen is also getting into his twilight. De Ligt would obviously be the ideal option, but with his recent rise to fame I can see him heading to one of the biggest clubs on high wages. We do have good relations with Ajax, but money sadly generally talks

We also still need a proper center forward to back up Kane and allow him some rest

Lots to do... going to be a pivotal window.

Other transfer window thoughts...

I can see Utd struggling to get the big names they want and need. The whole place is a mess, and there are just so many better options at the moment for the top players. Money is not the be all and end all of it. And even Utd don't print the stuff. Lots of expensive flops to ship on as well...

Chelsea, well they can't sign anyone... so they'll pull back their dozens of loanees, but they're not going to replace Hazard who will be a big loss. Wonder if this episode will galvanize them like it did Spurs, or if they'll fall apart. I think Sarri was very keen to mold the squad a lot more.

Arsenal... Europa league final will be pretty pivotal. They're already losing Ramsay, so no Champions League again would add to their struggles. Their defense in particular needs a lot of work...

City need a tall striker I reckon... I could see Jesus leaving. And then probably need to replace Fernandinho... probably with Ndombele from Lyon who's a cracking defensive mid.

They forced him out, the assholes, they did it to Totti and now to De Rossi, long standing players like those should do it on their terms when they are ready.. you def don't tell him with 2 games to go to the end of the season you aren't renewing .... that club has never been the same since the new owners took over.. just get a dragon De Rossi ..

51dc2237fc976ce25f41998da90bdc60.jpg

Edited by Gen

I can see Utd struggling to get the big names they want and need. The whole place is a mess, and there are just so many better options at the moment for the top players. Money is not the be all and end all of it. And even Utd don't print the stuff. Lots of expensive flops to ship on as well...

Can't help but think their problems run far deeper than what a few big name players could solve. Need a whole new management structure incl the coach who is clearly going to be a disaster

Can't help but think their problems run far deeper than what a few big name players could solve. Need a whole new management structure incl the coach who is clearly going to be a disaster

Agreed... there is a big clear out needed, but it doesn't look like they have a plan or the structures in place to recruit players correctly. And who's going to be calling the shots... will they let Ole spend hundreds of millions?

The club as a whole is lacking identity and direction, going to take some strong personalities and some time to right things I reckon.

Snot en flippen trane.. I have not taken this well.. I have a soft spot for Roma because of Totti and De Rossi, and I absolutely adore De Rossi he embodies what is Roma.. they have not done right by him.

71b839bfeb3a6a084a80d15ef4f4464a.jpg

Snot en flippen trane.. I have not taken this well.. I have a soft spot for Roma because of Totti and De Rossi, and I absolutely adore De Rossi he embodies what is Roma.. they have not done right by him.

71b839bfeb3a6a084a80d15ef4f4464a.jpg

Not to many people here actually give a rats arse. Unless you Italian or 50% Italian, not many really watch that league. They can't even make the last World Cup. 

Not to many people here actually give a rats arse. Unless you Italian or 50% Italian, not many really watch that league. They can't even make the last World Cup.

Pretty sure they haven't lived under a rock for the last 18 years.. but each to his own.. you are welcome to use the ignore/block function if you like..works like a charm.

b48a7e80fd77dbde80fc69b9c584cebc.jpg

Edited by Gen

Well said if you are speaking for yourself...

De Rossi has so has been the epitome of AS Roma. Even the Italy 1st team have revolve around the influence of De Rossi... What a gentleman of the game, and I think De Rossi deserves the celebration of his contribution to the beautiful game.

Unfortunately, footie fans who are limited to EPL or even the odd La Liga game are so short of the broader influences in the game of football. It’s a shame really...

Anyway, thank you Daniel De Rossi for your wonderful contribution and gentlemanly conduct to the game of football. Best wishes for your future.