Football

IceCreamMan

Not to many people here actually give a rats arse. Unless you Italian or 50% Italian, not many really watch that league. They can't even make the last World Cup.

So... how about sharing your own level of success on this very platform...?

I’m sure you wouldn’t mind sharing something like your success to substantiate your right to contributing to this discussion...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to many people here actually give a rats arse. Unless you Italian or 50% Italian, not many really watch that league. They can't even make the last World Cup. 

Really not necessary pal... if you don't have something nice to say, rather don't say anything.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Italian league, generally just find it too slow to enjoy, but players like De Rossi, Totti etc transcend the league and could probably have graced any team in world football.

This is a football thread and they definitely tick that box.

Really not necessary pal... if you don't have something nice to say, rather don't say anything.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Italian league, generally just find it too slow to enjoy, but players like De Rossi, Totti etc transcend the league and could probably have graced any team in world football.

This is a football thread and they definitely tick that box.

Both turned down big offers in their peak.. Totti turned down Madrid and De Rossi City when Mancini was there..to name just a few... the club always came first for those two Rome born players. .even when a salary wasn't sure, when the club had no money..they stayed.

It is difficult to explain to people who don't follow but they live and breath for their childhood clubs..it is different in Rome.. Roma is an obsession for the locals..and Totti and De Rossi were Roma.. hell there is even a quarter in Rome that is dedicated to Totti.. anyone who saw Totti's farewell would've seen the passion what the club means to them and what they mean to the fans.

When my son was younger he would always get scared that they sell Totti or De Rossi and we would just always tell him if they sell them Rome would burn..an exaggeration but that's how much they meant to the people of Rome.

De Rossi will be missed he is the heartbeat of the team.

Edited by Gen

What on earth made you think posting that was a good idea?

So silly season already in full swing...

What I suspect Spurs moves will look like:

Sessegnon from Fulham... a bit raw, but full of potential, speed and he's English. Poch could do wonders with him.

Andre Gomes from Barca (who was on loan at Everton) looks a good midfield option along with Tielemans from Monaco (also on loan at Leicester). Both sensibly priced, youngish and fit the Poch mould and would bolster a definite weakness in our current squad.

If Eriksen leaves, as I suspect he will... I'd hope they go hard for Coutinho who seems available. Biggest challenge might well be his wages. Other good and probably more realistic options I reckon would be De Beek or Ziyech from Ajax or Maddison from Leicester.

If we lose Alderweireld as expected, we'll definitely need to sign a couple CB's as Vertonghen is also getting into his twilight. De Ligt would obviously be the ideal option, but with his recent rise to fame I can see him heading to one of the biggest clubs on high wages. We do have good relations with Ajax, but money sadly generally talks

We also still need a proper center forward to back up Kane and allow him some rest

Lots to do... going to be a pivotal window.

As long as they have a clear plan Poch will stay.. which is good for you bad for other teams who could really do with him[emoji2957]

I am still living in hope hey.

This Uefa investigation regarding City and FFP is heating up..will Pep stay if they are booted from the CL

This Uefa investigation regarding City and FFP is heating up..will Pep stay if they are booted from the CL

SAW this and watching with interest... What a blow that'll be!

SAW this and watching with interest... What a blow that'll be!

I don’t understand how it could be a blow...

The FIFA Fair Play Rules are clear and apply to all clubs in Europe. If the rules have been found to have been flouted then the consequences need to be meted out. Simple!

Just like the way Chelsea have been penalized, City are trying to find ways to get out of paying the price soonest. It seems that City are trying to buy time, which is the reason that the earliest effective punishment could be 2020-21. There’s no reason to sympathize, as these penalties have already applied to other clubs as well

Edited by RoddieJ

The FIFA Fair Play Rules are clear and apply to all clubs in Europe. If the rules have been found to have been flouted then the consequences need to be meted out. Simple!

Just like the way Chelsea have been penalized, City are trying to find ways to get out of paying the price soonest. It seems that City are trying to buy time, which is the reason that the earliest effective punishment could be 2020-21. There’s no reason to sympathize, as these penalties have already applied to other clubs as well

But much like buying their success can't they just buy their way out of this spot of bother?

But much like buying their success can't they just buy their way out of this spot of bother?

Hahahahahaaaa... Let’s hope there’s a reason they call it “Fair Play”

I'm glad we have the FFP rules, but I am starting to worry how it is being enforced... it's all good going after City and Chelsea, but how did PSG get out of jail? Relatively small club who broke the world transfer record twice in one transfer window...

6 years ago they weren't even in the top 20 richest clubs in the world. Now they can apparently afford to spend 400 million on three players?

Eufa as always, very selective about how they approach things... 

FFP is a good thing..

In the case of City where they have a what seems to be an endless pit of funds available where mr money bags can just keep on pumping money in are they ever really breaking FFP rules or is he pumping it in to make the books balance and then taking it out again?

I'm glad we have the FFP rules, but I am starting to worry how it is being enforced... it's all good going after City and Chelsea, but how did PSG get out of jail? Relatively small club who broke the world transfer record twice in one transfer window...

6 years ago they weren't even in the top 20 richest clubs in the world. Now they can apparently afford to spend 400 million on three players?

Eufa as always, very selective about how they approach things...

Isn't Chelsea's because of their handling of youth signings and not FFP related?

I hear this case....

But isn’t that just the reason we have such a thing as Fair Play rules in place in the first place?

If there are clubs who are made an example of, then surely the others would have been listening/watching....

In the case of PSG, they did sell quite a few players last season which actually amounted closes to 50% of Mbappe’s fee. And then there is the yet unsubstantiated premise that they were assisted in meeting Neymar’s fee by their kit supplier... as do Juve for CR7 (apparently).

Bottom line is, if found guilty then deal with it

FFP is a good thing..

In the case of City where they have a what seems to be an endless pit of funds available where mr money bags can just keep on pumping money in are they ever really breaking FFP rules or is he pumping it in to make the books balance and then taking it out again?

This presents a very strong case for money laundering. And that’s exactly why FIFA was obliged to make flouting the FFP rules punishable Edited by RoddieJ

Isn't Chelsea's because of their handling of youth signings and not FFP related?

Yip, they broke protocol in 29 signings of under 18's

They were in FFP poo a couple years back though, but also got away in the end if I recall... no doubt another oily Eufa handshake