[Event] West Coast Express 2018

Pure Savage

I see on the flyer it says that there is pre-registration on 6 Sept at Sportsman's Warehouse, but on the confirmation email I received it says that number collection is on race morning.

Is the pre-registration still taking place?  I would like to get my stuff beforehand as it could be a bit busy on race day.

Edit:  Got a reply from the organisers that the pre-registration is still taking place as stated.

So we can collect numbers at pre reg?? Can't imagine trying to get my number on race morning, could be utter chaos.. Especially with no info prior regarding start time, start group etc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a participant is unable to make today pre-registration, can it be done by someone else on his/her behalf?

If a participant is unable to make today pre-registration, can it be done by someone else on his/her behalf?

Just do it on the day.  just get there 30min (maybe an hour) early .. that what I normally do

but to answer your question .. dunno

Edited by Karman de Lange

Yes, you can get someone else to collect it. I've got someone collecting mine later today. The official PPA requirement is that you give the person a signed letter that says you would like them to collect the entry on your behalf with your PPA number.

Fetched my number earlier.

1. My buddy was with me, he collected for his cousin, never had a letter, just gave a name.

2. If you are not a PPA member, you will get a Temp number(it's plastic), also you will not be seeded and have to ride in the "Temp" group which is the last group to start on the day, alternatively you can pay an extra R50 and get a seeding for the day, so essentially the entry fee to be seeded for non ppa members is R350.

Btw, Temp numbers are a horrible plastic type number which were rolled up so now they have this terrible "roll" to them whichbis going to be HORRIBLE to wear, it's going to sit like a bump on your back(gone are the aero gains LOL)

Aren't you supposed to have a permanent number and seeding is indicated by the event sticker you collect at registration?

Only if you ppa member and new one each year

Edited by Karman de Lange

Only if you ppa member and new one each year

Yeah only of you a PPA member now you get a number and then seeding sticker for each race, Temp riders will receive a "plastic" race specific number and then for an added fee of R50, you will get a seeding sticker forbthe group you are seeded in, if you do not want to pay the extra R50, You will start in the last group which is the Temp group.