[Event] Trans Baviaans Repeat

Seamus Allardice

Event Name: Trans Baviaans Repeat
When: 17 August 2019 - 18 August 2019
Where: Willowmore, Eastern Cape
Category: MTB

The 16th edition of the Trans Baviaans 24 hour mountain bike Race and Repeat will take place on Saturday the 10th and Saturday the 17th of August 2019 respectively. The event entries will once again be capped at 1 250 riders per event and riders will be able to take part in teams of 2, 3 or 4. Entries to the iconic events will open on the 3rd, for the Race, and the 4th, for the Repeat, of December 2018.

Entrants are encouraged to book accommodation in Willowmore as soon as possible as the village can only accommodate a limited number of visitors and the closest locations to the start line, at the church hall, fill up fast. For more information please visit www.transbaviaans.co.za.

Fast Facts

Event: 2019 Trans Baviaans Repeat

Date: Saturday, 17 August 2019

Entries Open: Tuesday, 4 December 2018

Type: Single stage MTB race

Distance: 230km

Elevation: 2 540m

Facebook: Trans Baviaans

Twitter: @EcoBoundMTB

Instagram: @transbaviaans

Go to Event Page

hubevents-110608-0-60670600-1535114571_thumb.jpg

hubevents-110608-0-76093800-1535114610_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I am looking forward to my first TB this year! Sadly I don't have a lift back from Jeffreys for myself, my bike and stuff back to Cape Town.

If there is anyone who might have a spot open please let me know!

This is a magical experience but alas, logistics and accommodation really puts a damper on the event

Edited by RobertWhitehead

• 1 month later...

The Race is scoring epic weather today,

Perfect in P.E. Hope its the same for the repeat next week.

Does anyone have space in the car for one up to Willowmore next week from P.E?

Alternatively I have a Caddy we could load but need someone to drive it back to P.E?

Steve

083 295 2928

Anybody looking for accommodation for 3 for the repeat coming up this weekend, it is 8km outside of town no gravel to be traveled, of the main road. Contact me 082 7659991

Weather predictions anyone?

At this stage not looking too great. We have a few days, so I hope the weather gods decide to play nice...... Headwind all the way at this stage.

At this stage not looking too great. We have a few days, so I hope the weather gods decide to play nice...... Headwind all the way at this stage

I think the wind will be a factor from Patensie (never ender) but not so much in the reserve.

Not to worried about the road, but let me tell you the wind is going to a big factor later in the day/night.