Coloured Spokes

dirtypot

Does anyone know where to get different coloured spokes from?

For example, the two yellow spokes on Mavic wheels, the red spokes on Roval wheels, the green or blue spokes on some of the bikes on the Evil thread.  Where do they come from?  I've only ever been able to find black spokes locally.

Any local options that aren't plastic straws?

Wanted to say, slip correctly colored "heat shrink" tube over spokes, heat up, and there you are.

Is what I did with my AMC wheels, lasts quite well. 

Cheaper and easier than sourcing a colored spoke.

Does anyone know where to get different coloured spokes from?

For example, the two yellow spokes on Mavic wheels, the red spokes on Roval wheels, the green or blue spokes on some of the bikes on the Evil thread. Where do they come from? I've only ever been able to find black spokes locally.

Any local options that aren't plastic straws?

Industry Nine and Dartmoor make them. Both frequently used by Trailtech Cycles in Nelspruit - that's why you see them on so many Evils :)

Give anyone there a shout - very helpful bunch of guys.

Industry Nine and Dartmoor make them. Both frequently used by Trailtech Cycles in Nelspruit - that's why you see them on so many Evils :)

Sent them a mail, thanks!

They get my vote every time! Very resourceful and service-oriented.

Ask for the "Dodger" .....

I9 spokes are proprietary

Wheelsmith have colored options and DT offer their aerolite spoke in red. Be not fooled by the name, they can handle DH duties.