Sub 750 bib shorts.

Alastair_S1D

Every time I come across a post or a person like this, I go ride my singlespeed. It reminds me that the basics are all that's required to have fun.

Your opinion of the absolute minimum is fortunately just that. An opinion.

I'm glad I don't ride with people like you anymore.

Mic drop...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pair of Capestorm bib shorts I bought at Cyclelab a month ago for R500, see they're on special for R399 until this weekend. I'm very happy with them, fit well, seem to be made of decent materials and doesn't shift around.

Those are cycling shorts, bib shorts (First Ascent) are on sale for R799. 

Check out buycycle. I bought myself a couple baggies with chamois included at an excellent price. I'm all for cheaper chamois for general training but yoh those MR P fit terribly.

I've been rolling in Tenn Bibs for a while and they are a) really comfortable, b) wearing really well (apart from the reflective branding which is starting to come off, but who cares). Buy two pairs and get free delivery as well!

I just ordered a set, let see how they are - the Ciovita shorts I bought last year don't agree with me for 3h+ rides.

As for a minimum cost for bibs to be acceptable, even the 'entry level' R2500 Assos bibs get the occasional negative review; for some people the pad works and for others it doesn't. So 'it costs more' is no magic bullet.

As a side note: from ordered to shipped in less than 30 minutes?! Not bad, Sportsworld!

I just ordered a set, let see how they are - the Ciovita shorts I bought last year don't agree with me for 3h+ rides.

As for a minimum cost for bibs to be acceptable, even the 'entry level' R2500 Assos bibs get the occasional negative review; for some people the pad works and for others it doesn't. So 'it costs more' is no magic bullet.

As a side note: from ordered to shipped in less than 30 minutes?! Not bad, Sportsworld!

Isn't that the point though. You should should wear what is comfortable for your own boem-boem. What works for one won't necessarily work for another.

In contrast, I actually prefer the Ciovita bibs, not for comfort, but for fit, as their legs are slightly longer, and their grippers wider, and as someone who's too lazy to shave his legs, pants sliding up your thighs might look good for girls, but certainly not for me.

Hi guys.

I am wondering guys if there is any shops out there that sell cheap bibs. I can't honestly justify spending nearly 1k on training shorts that will simply get thrashed with lots of mileage. For me any shirts/shorts that I own that costs near or more than 1K is reserved for racing or events.

I know Mr.P Sport used to sell some nice cheap bibs that I used to like but I can't seem to find them any more. Does anyone else know if there is anyone else that sells bib shorts for less than 750 but preferably closer to 500?

Thanks for a very necessary post and ignore the silly buggers.

I have 3 pairs of decent shorts for multi-day races, but the thought of grinding them away on Wattbikes is nuts.

There has to be something for under R750 that is good enough for spinning and training.

Never tried the Mr P range and while I've never ridden any distance over 180km in one day (Kremetart been the longest), i can wear almost anything as long as its fits and not too loose or tight and never had to use bum cream. 

Isn't that the point though. You should should wear what is comfortable for your own boem-boem. What works for one won't necessarily work for another.

In contrast, I actually prefer the Ciovita bibs, not for comfort, but for fit, as their legs are slightly longer, and their grippers wider, and as someone who's too lazy to shave his legs, pants sliding up your thighs might look good for girls, but certainly not for me.

I like the fit of the Ciovita ones... unfortunately for me all three pairs I have, have a dislike for the same spot on my right leg. I've changed my saddle recently, but if it doesn't change they will be reserved for shorter rides/indoor trainer duty.

Hi guys.

I am wondering guys if there is any shops out there that sell cheap bibs. I can't honestly justify spending nearly 1k on training shorts that will simply get thrashed with lots of mileage. For me any shirts/shorts that I own that costs near or more than 1K is reserved for racing or events.

I know Mr.P Sport used to sell some nice cheap bibs that I used to like but I can't seem to find them any more. Does anyone else know if there is anyone else that sells bib shorts for less than 750 but preferably closer to 500?

i picked up a pair of bibs at finish line cycles in kempton for 600 2 days ago

this would be a good time to let you know Solomons have Assos on special, 750x3 gets u a pair of shorts, lunch and some chappies. 

Thanks HdB! - I know you will love the bibs.

Happy Cycling.

Well good for u, I would quit cycling if I had to wear that. I hope its becuase you had no choice, becuase if u can afford it, draffing uit for a ride with those Mr P goed with your knaters hanging out and everytime you get out the saddle you chamois moves down to your hips, is simply unexceptable. What you spend on cycling shorts People spend on a bottle of Gin. Get in the game my man!

What a crap attitude,

Archived