96bcd symmetrical NW chainrings

CdT85

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am currently trying to source a 96BCD Symmetrical Narrow Wide Chainring (or various 30-34T) for my Shimano XT M782  triple crank set to convert it to 1x

All the 96BCD NW chain rings for sale on the local distributor's websites are either 96BCD Asymmetrical (for the new M8000 series) or out of stock for the 94/64BCD Symmetrical hybrids.

My XT crank is basically new and I would like to continue using it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the correct NW chain rings (Preferably oval)?

Thanks in advance

Thank you, but this is precisely what I do not want. That is the new asymmetrical M8000 bolt pattern.

Looking for the symmetrical  pattern for the M782

The bolt pattern is symmetrical, the shape of the outer ring where the teeth are, is asymmetrical (oval).

No brand makes a crank with an asymmetrical bolt pattern.

Edit: added in info.

Edited by Dean9406

The bolt pattern is symmetrical, the shape of the outer ring where the teeth are, is asymmetrical (oval).

on the left, the new asymmetrical M8000 bolt pattern, on the right the symmetrical M782 pattern

post-50361-0-50846200-1536672868_thumb.jpg

on the left, the new asymmetrical M8000 bolt pattern, on the right the symmetrical M782 pattern

attachicon.gifsym vs asym.jpg

I need to eat my words and apologize!

I have now read up properly and see what you are talking about.

Call Csixx and see if they can help you out though.

Edited by Dean9406

There is clearly a difference between the relative distance between the 4 bolts on the asymmetrical new M8000 design. The new pattern will not fit on my equally spaced symmetrical 96 bcd bolt pattern. Please refer to the previous image. The red lines are spaced closer together than the blue line on the left image.

Also, why would wolf tooth make two different 96BCD chain rings if the M782 and M800 uses the same bolt pattern?

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/96-mm-bcd-symmetrical-chainrings-for-shimano-compact-triple

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/96-mm-bcd-chainrings-for-shimano-xt-m8000

I need to eat my words and apologize!

I have now read up properly and see what you are talking about.

Call Csixx and see if they can help you out though.

All good bud. Using the lingo as described on their product descriptions. Up until now asymmetrical and symmetrical  for me was round or oval

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am currently trying to source a 96BCD Symmetrical Narrow Wide Chainring (or various 30-34T) for my Shimano XT M782  triple crank set to convert it to 1x

All the 96BCD NW chain rings for sale on the local distributor's websites are either 96BCD Asymmetrical (for the new M8000 series) or out of stock for the 94/64BCD Symmetrical hybrids.

My XT crank is basically new and I would like to continue using it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the correct NW chain rings (Preferably oval)?

Thanks in advance

Hi Otero

Have the same problem.  96 BCD is like hens teeth, and if you can find it they cost a fortune.  Ended up buying a new SLX crank with "standard" and readily available 104 symmetrical BCD.

My 96 BCD crank now also collecting dust....

Hi Otero

Have the same problem. 96 BCD is like hens teeth, and if you can find it they cost a fortune. Ended up buying a new SLX crank with "standard" and readily available 104 symmetrical BCD.

My 96 BCD crank now also collecting dust....

I am rocking my 104 bcd saint crank at the moment, but it weighs a ton and is overkill for my current rig. Was hoping to reuse .y old xt crank. Oneup's 94/96 hybrid isnt too expensive. Its just out of stock at trailtec

I believe I might have a brand new Raceface 30t chainring if you’re interested. I also have a 36t (not new though).

Edited by TomR

Hi Guys and Girls,

Thanks in advance

Hi Otero

We bring them in on special order as they are obviously not popular... Our next shipment should be ready in +/- 2 weeks so just drop us an e-mail on info@evobikes.co.za and we can assist.

Hi Otero

We bring them in on special order as they are obviously not popular... Our next shipment should be ready in +/- 2 weeks so just drop us an e-mail on info@evobikes.co.za and we can assist.

Hi Naas,

Thanx for the feedback. Will pop you a mail as soon as i get home. Im off to go ride my bike.

Shimano does....