Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Yeah, I hear you, there's no doubt he's an exceptional bike rider and on a blinder of a season but I'm still not buying what he's selling. Time will tell however.

We have all been scarred by past doping results, no doubt.

But just something to think about. The guys behind him and towards the back of the pack might actually be the ones that are doping, they might just be doing it badly. But because they are not lighting it up, nobody starts to whisper accusations about them.

Even if they test every rider on every day, I still think we won't alay the fear of doping.

Can someone comment about the current doping controls taking place at LeTour? It used to be the Top 5 on the Stage result and the Top 5 on GC everyday needs to go for doping control by default, and then some riders are added to the list on a day-to-day basis based on intel and exceptional performances. Point is, I don't think they make it easy for the dopers at LeTour.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uran is off the front of the peloton with a 19 rider strong group! 28s ahead. Go Rigo! Nibali and 3 other riders are up the road from them.

post-27827-0-78465200-1564145162_thumb.png

Uran is off the front of the peloton with a 19 rider strong group! 28s ahead. Go Rigo! Nibali and 3 other riders are up the road from them.

Valverde is also in that group.

Let the fireworks start!

14:48:47 CEST

Pinot stops on the road side and directeur sportif Philippe Mauduit removes the bandage from his leg. Pinot starts riding again but he is now 2:36 down on the break and almost two minutes behind the yellow jersey group. He is now being caught by Alexander Kristoff. Pinot's Tour podium challenge is over.

14:47:17 CEST

The Groupama-FDJ team car pulls up alongside a visibly struggling Pinot, who is now 30 seconds down on the yellow jersey group. His teammates Molard and Anthony Roux ride past and pat him on the shoulder as they do so. It seems clear that Pinot's teammates were already aware that he had an issue, though news of a leg injury had obviously entered the public domain. 

14:45:04 CEST

Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) is back at the medical car and he looks to be receiving treatment to an injury on his left thigh. The doctor has removed a bandage from his thigh and is applying heft plaster just above his knee. A spray is also being applied to his thigh. Is his challenge unravelling on the Montee d'Aussois?

Valverde is also in that group.

Let the fireworks start!

Rigo+Valverde group has 40s on the Yellow jersey group....

"There are now 25 riders at the head of the race, with a lead of 47 seconds over the yellow jersey group, but for the time being the focus is on the solitary Thibaut Pinot. Quite why no Groupama-FDJ teammates are with him is beyond me. Perhaps they understand his challenge - and perhaps his race - is already over, and are simply battling to stay within the time limit."

Shame man, this after his Giro issues at the race last year. Contender to oblivion. He looks so distraught with tears rolling out from under his sunnies.