Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ifs and but hey.. he may just manage to hold on tomorrow.. DQ must let a break go quickly and slow it down to get him over that HC they shouldn't drop him on the cat 1 at the end...

Saturday is going to be bonkers.

Tomorrow and Saturday will be bonkers.

And if Ineos has any designs on either of Thomas or Bernal winning Le Grande Boucle then half way on tomorrow's HC climb would possibly be a good place to attack. Or if they really are favouring a late attack stratagem then at the base of the final climb. Either way they need to put JA under serious pressure while the road is going vertically up. Right now he's holding onto yellow by doing a Salvodelli imho.

So Bernal attacks and Thomas drives the GC group [emoji2368]

That's straight up Movistar [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yeah, perhaps... Egan is the strongest climber in the race and Ineos should support him.

But then again, if you are the defending champion are you just going to let go?

I would love to hear the team discussions. 

So Bernal attacks and Thomas drives the GC group [emoji2368]

That's straight up Movistar [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Johan Bruneel was saying on The Move podcast about 5 days ago that this should be Innieos's strategy

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Blood on his shirt !

Coughing up blood or from a nose bleed ?

Either way that is H.E.C.T.I.C will a supersized capital H

According to the team it was from a gel

Doubt a nose bleed would end up looking like that..the gel def makes more sense [emoji6]

Edited by Gen

According to the team it was from a gel

Doubt a nose bleed would end up looking like that..the gel def makes more sense [emoji6]

*tin foil hat* ... maybe gel .. but who has strawberry flavoured gel in the TdF .... surely you have coffee flavour ... from columbia :rolleyes:

*tin foil hat* ... maybe gel .. but who has strawberry flavoured gel in the TdF .... surely you have coffee flavour ... from columbia :rolleyes:

When your are on a road bike and you have a nose bleed, where would the blood end up...now unless you are sitting up hands off handle bar it isn't going to end up on the shirt.. not like that[emoji6][emoji1787]

When your are on a road bike and you have a nose bleed, where would the blood end up...now unless you are sitting up hands off handle bar it isn't going to end up on the shirt.. not like that[emoji6][emoji1787]

His shirt was open when riding up hill. So it is not possible to be a gel. Ja ja, wooden spoon and all that.

His shirt was open when riding up hill. So it is not possible to be a gel. Ja ja, wooden spoon and all that.

Ha ha ha.. so they don't taken gels on down hills.[emoji2957]

Think a field test is needed.. you go and test all the possible scenarios.. all you need is a volunteer to give you a nose bleed[emoji1787][emoji1787]

So are we going with the rough batch of Columbia’s marching powder causing the nosebleed theory?

A few days ago NQ can't ride up a hill with the peloton, now he's setting KOMs in the alps

I know he's very good and all that but he's my least favourite rider and earlier today I said he would go backwards after getting in the break. So basically you're welcome NQ because in this tour I am always wrong.

No matter what happens or doesn't happen tomorrow or Saturday, this has been the most enjoyable TDF to watch ever since it caught my attention in the middle 2000s.

I would prefer it if anyone BUT Ineos takes the Win in the GC, but if they do take it it would be well deserved.

Looking at how things played out today, JA can likely still be in Yellow after tomorrow. There is a Loooooong descent after the penultimate climb of the day in which he can make up time if they drop him on the HC climb. Then just follow as long as possible up the Cat1 finish and he should finish within 1m30 of the Ineos duo if we look at his form thus far.

Then on Saturday it is anybody's guess with that insane final climb.