Best value mtb baggies?

GrahamS2

Looking for a new pair of mtb baggies, preferably with a removable liner. Currently have a set of Nalini's and love them. Have looked at Indola, Cape Storm and First Ascent so far.

What's available out there?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best product locally available is Specialized Atlas Pro baggies. They do tear easy though if you like crashing.

Thanks. Haven't looked at those yet. Will take a look

Depends what you mean by value and what kinds of baggies re you looking for? Lighter ones with more ventilation for long days in the saddle or more trail / enduro focused ones with thicker material? I have some from England that worked out to be about R1200 on sale. They don't have liners (I just wear bibs under them if I need them) but they are by far the best quality I've had and eclipse 90% of anything I've seen else where. Loads of pockets and trick bits that really make a difference, 4 way stretch material, good for knee pads and you can crash the *** out of them and they won't tear. Look I'm probably going to wish for some more vents come mid summer but  it's a trade off. 

Westpeak is pretty good value for money. Alhough tighter fit might not be up everyones alley. Also a bit of an oxymoron, "tight baggies"

Westpeak is pretty good value for money. Alhough tighter fit might not be up everyones alley. Also a bit of an oxymoron, "tight baggies"

Those are great value, really nice guys and quite cool looking. They are quite fitted so you're not going to rock them with a massive set of kneepads but for most things they are a really good option. 

Westpeak is really nice yeah. I have 4 pairs I don't buy other baggies anymore. If needed I use Fox Launch Enduro knee pads and they fit perfectly fine just right.

I also prefer my baggies without the padding attached to the pants, because I have no problem using pants 2-3 days at once but not the padding though that is a bit extreme for me.

Best value probably fox ranger baggies.

Best baggies for comfort and feel. Poc hands down. Puremotion have specials from time to time .

Craft are also pretty decent .

Best value probably fox ranger baggies.

Best baggies for comfort and feel. Poc hands down. Puremotion have specials from time to time .

Craft are also pretty decent .

I also like the Rangers but the price has got rather stupid recently!

Might not suit everyone's budget, but I have a 10 year old pair of TLD Moto shorts still going strong. In the long run I've invested less money in TLD shorts than my bro in Fox shorts.

Have you tried Royal

can get them from shreddtech.co.za 

Their stock is rather limited, but prices are good and the shorts comfy.  They don't have a chamois, but you can just wear a bib under.

IMHO

If your happy with Nalini , why change?

Don't fix whats not broken  ;)

I need 2 more pairs, can't find Nalini anywhere locally

Archived