What do you think of the new W2W finish venue?

dirk.leroux

What do you think of the new W2W finish venue?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new final climb?

• Great for a strong finish.
    • Not necessary man!
    • I hate it.
    • It was my first time.
  2. 2. What did you think of the split venue?

• I like going to a restaurant and having beers there with my friends.
    • Everyone scattered and there wasn't a cool vibe like in Onrus.
    • There wasn't enough shade.
    • Super cool views.
  3. 3. Did you manage to get into a shower?

• Yes, after queueing for an hour.
    • Yes, after queueing for 2 hours.
    • No.
    • I showered somewhere else.

I enjoyed the extra climb at the finish but the finish venue itself wasnt great, they could have just finished at the school!

Showers were a disaster and gratefully we had some friends who stayed down the road where we could pop in and have a quick shower. They need to control the bags at the finish someone took our bag but luckily realized their mistake and brought it back, this was after 30mins of searching for it though.

And it was also very poor that you no longer got a Spur burger at the finish. Which means just go grab a beer and some grub at a local restaurant where you could at least relax in some shade.

Done 3 W2W and I think this will be my last. Was very disappointed this time round and expecially considering it was their 10th anniversary I expected something a little more special. The food was very mediocre, not having snacks between meals like Sani2C and others is really crap. The race village was all about how much extra dosh they could get of of you IMHO. Didnt go to lunch on day 2 because it really didnt appeal and went to the Pool Restaurant instead.

Never take cash to races because they are normally very well catered for. Couldnt even get a coffee or tea but loved the Seattle coffee stall none the less but would have loved to just make myself a coffee when needed.

As for the chill zone let me not start on the muppets that take 10 cushions for themselves! Even so it was cooler to sit outside where there was a bit of a breeze. The aircons were overworked and unless you were right in front of one they were useless.

Was this not the 1st year that the Epic were controlling/in ownership of the W2W?

I enjoyed the extra climb at the finish but the finish venue itself wasnt great, they could have just finished at the school!

Showers were a disaster and gratefully we had some friends who stayed down the road where we could pop in and have a quick shower. They need to control the bags at the finish someone took our bag but luckily realized their mistake and brought it back, this was after 30mins of searching for it though.

And it was also very poor that you no longer got a Spur burger at the finish. Which means just go grab a beer and some grub at a local restaurant where you could at least relax in some shade.

Done 3 W2W and I think this will be my last. Was very disappointed this time round and expecially considering it was their 10th anniversary I expected something a little more special. The food was very mediocre, not having snacks between meals like Sani2C and others is really crap. The race village was all about how much extra dosh they could get of of you IMHO. Didnt go to lunch on day 2 because it really didnt appeal and went to the Pool Restaurant instead.

Never take cash to races because they are normally very well catered for. Couldnt even get a coffee or tea but loved the Seattle coffee stall none the less but would have loved to just make myself a coffee when needed.

As for the chill zone let me not start on the muppets that take 10 cushions for themselves! Even so it was cooler to sit outside where there was a bit of a breeze. The aircons were overworked and unless you were right in front of one they were useless.

Was this not the 1st year that the Epic were controlling/in ownership of the W2W?

Correct. Epic stuff-up. I guess it's all about maximising profits and minimising cost. Not a good tactic in the current economic climate where stage races are fighting to get filled with riders.

I have made my feelings known about the finish venue in the race thread.

Edited by Moridin

Technically the second but they acquired it JUST before the start of last years'.

So they could not get out of the organised stuff last year.   ;)

Correct. Epic stuff-up. I guess it's all about maximising profits and minimising cost. Not a good tactic in the current economic climate where stage races are fighting to get filled with riders.

Link pse?

There’s a few W2W threads floating around

Was at the finish on Sunday and initially thought the finish venue was a bit small but it seemed to end up up ok.... from a spectators perspective that is.

Having 2 separate events under one name seems a bit confusing to me

Please send link

Just grab a cushion and let the oke try and justify why he needs it for his imaginary friends. Oke gave me a long story and I just took the cushion. Entitlement is strong in the lounge