Chain Reaction / SkyNet Non-Delivery

ColnagoDreamPlus

The gamble that did not pay off, don’t get fooled by cheap overseas prices.

Placed an online order for some campy spares on 14 October 2018 online with Chain Reaction.

1) Firstly the credit card amount deducted was R1000.00 more than what the basket projected. (Probably exchange fees, slightly high for an R8000,00 purchase)

2) Paid for express shipping, wow, less than 4 days parcel arrived in SA, awaiting customs clearance.

3) SkyNet contacts me with invoice for customs clearance, paid, and... customs cleared...

4) Then the wheels fell of the bus, SkyNet did not deliver, would not provide details of where to collect, carried on being vague on returning email corrospondance.

5) Order Cancelled due to non delivery, almost 1 month of trying to resolve this matter, and having to resort to social media, I might be refunded, while the package still has not left South Africa on its return journey to the UK.

6) Will lose even more on exchange fees again on my refund.

7) it’s up to me to claim my customs duties back from SARS as the parcel was delivered to SkyNet SA(Which has made not effort on their side to assist with this matter, had to get SkyNet International involved)

Will I ever buy from Chain Reaction again? NO

Would I recommend them. NOT even to my worse enemy.

Beware of getting fooled by supposedly cheap online overseas sales. It’s like playing the lotto. I’ve seen more complaints from South Africans purchasing from them, than happy customers.

SkyNet = INCOMPETENCE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping the many complaints would see this issue addressed by CRC but unfortunately they don't seem too perturbed.

Buy from them if the price is really good and or you're not in a hurry to take delivery.

I am going through a similar process right now. The tracking number provided shows it was despatched...on 12th October...then it is Bermuda triangle. I have contacted them several times and they made me wait it out to 31st October. Then on 1st November I contacted them to update. On 2nd Nove they replied saying that I have to give them a WEEK to launch their investigation. I am so disappointed...or pissed off is probably a more appropriate description. Thank goodness it is a mere handlebar stem and nothing else. 

I've placed 2 separate orders earlier this year, and received them within a week, and had good interactions with Skynet. The handling fee on the second order was a bit steep, but still ended up cheaper than buying locally.

This is disappointing. Hope it doesn't continue.

5/6 years ago CRC was the place ! .. ive ordered from CWC and CRC same week and had stuff arrive from CRC before CPT .. like ordered it on a thursday and it was here on tuesday from ireland on the free shipping ..  gone are those days . when u could spend like 28k on bike parts a year @ + 14% without a vat number ...

Ordered from them last Friday, got sent a tracking number on Monday. Clicked on the tracking number, no info found on the parcel. Thought there might have just been a delay so I left it for a bit, tried again today, still no info.

I sent CRC a mail today with my tracking number questioning them and telling them how bad SkyNet is. They said the would investigate my package. They have just responded now saying that it appears to be lost already and offered me a refund/replacement.

SkyNet is so useless they lost my package before it was even scanned into their system, what an absolute joke. cf265dc004257f27ce83ea62b9c8f9bb.jpg

i know Merlin doesn't carry the variety of CRC but i have ordered from them numerous times and always get it around 3 days at my door with UPS. R490 shipping is worth it when you get to sidestep SAPO etc and get you stuff faster than local couriers from jhb to cape town almost. Duties and fees on parts has been VAT +10% without fail for me. Maybe they'll source you a part even..dunno, have'nt asked yet. they are my preferred offshore store. 

P.S - recently got me some Shimano Saint goodies at literally half the local price from merlin all in.

I’ve been using Wiggle and Merlin since my one awful experience with CRC and Skynet. I know that Wiggle is related to CRC but I’ve always used their free shipping option (there is a minimum spend), and it’s been really great. My orders have generally taken about a week, and get cleared and delivered by UPS.

I’ve been using Wiggle and Merlin since my one awful experience with CRC and Skynet. I know that Wiggle is related to CRC but I’ve always used their free shipping option (there is a minimum spend), and it’s been really great. My orders have generally taken about a week, and get cleared and delivered by UPS.

good to know they use UPS. will try them out soon. between those 2 shops you could probably get most of the things

good to know they use UPS. will try them out soon. between those 2 shops you could probably get most of the things

Sorry. Correction. They use Aramex. Equally as good. Merlin use UPS

Sorry. Correction. They use Aramex. Equally as good. Merlin use UPS

oh ok..thats different...double vat -  in UK and SA. but still willing to check it out, sometimes it still works out cheaper

Very sad they moved away from DHL. They always delivered to me within 3 business days, happy as a clam. But with the way SA postal service is going and the bad experiences with SkyNet I will not be ordering from them again.

oh ok..thats different...double vat - in UK and SA. but still willing to check it out, sometimes it still works out cheaper

No. They just use Aramex as a courier. It’s exactly the same arrangement as if you were using UPS or DHL (or Skynet). It’s not Aramex Global Shopper

Archived