The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chop the brinjals and mix salt in. Leave in a collander for a while. Rinse off the salt then I fry up onions, garlic, peppers chilli's and some tomatoes and then add the egg plant. Let it reduce and thicken to a nice sauce state then I freeze it and use it for pasta sauces and a topping on potatoes or with some veggie sausages and pap. It's nice if you make a big pot a d freeze 4 or 5 containers worth so you have half your meal ready for you.

Can someone send Patch a aubergine care package?

You understand what an aubergine emoji represents? Careful of what you send and to who when it comes that devil's banana!

You'd have to make substitutions in order to make it Vegan but here we go.

"He cut them in slices salted them on one side leave them to sweat for about 10 minutes rince them in a colander depending on how many I usually use around 6 eggs for 4 brengals add salt & pepper & mixed herbs & about half a cup of milk mix & then fry the brengals after dipping them in the egg mixture when they nice & brown take them out & leave on a paper cloth.."

Layer Brengals with our family base tomato pasta sauce[emoji6] (sprinkle each layer of Brengals with parmesan before the sauce layer goes on) and then top with lots of parmesan or mozzarella...and bake.

Like I said do the vegan sub thing to make it okay for this thread

You'd have to make substitutions in order to make it Vegan but here we go.

"He cut them in slices salted them on one side leave them to sweat for about 10 minutes rince them in a colander depending on how many I usually use around 6 eggs for 4 brengals add salt & pepper & mixed herbs & about half a cup of milk mix & then fry the brengals after dipping them in the egg mixture when they nice & brown take them out & leave on a paper cloth.."

Layer Brengals with our family base tomato pasta sauce[emoji6] (sprinkle each layer of Brengals with parmesan before the sauce layer goes on) and then top with lots of parmesan or mozzarella...and bake.

Like I said do the vegan sub thing to make it okay for this thread

Yeah, we've also made a non-vegan version which I was going to leave off here, but now... 

Oven bake layers of aubergine, ricotta and homemade tomato sauce. Or roll the sliced aubergine around small chunks of ricotta - cannelloni style, cover in tom sauce. Magic.

Wifes new diet has cut out cheese so we're basically full vegan for the next 5 weeks. Finding it surprisingly easy to cut out dairy all together.

Had some of this sprinkled on my lentil spaghetti bolognaise two nights ago: 

Parmesan-Grated-5oz.jpg?v=1479857466

No need to have fermented breastmilk from a cow, folks. It's time to get off the titty. 

Had some of this sprinkled on my lentil spaghetti bolognaise two nights ago: 

Parmesan-Grated-5oz.jpg?v=1479857466

No need to have fermented breastmilk from a cow, folks. It's time to get off the titty. 

Breast is best!

Take any non-vegan meal you want to eat, stick it into the Google machine, add "vegan" et voila!

I thought this thread was about convincing people to go vegan....    :thumbdown:

There is a cashew based alternative to ricotta, you can even make it yourself, if I weren't allergic to nuts I would have probably suggested such (given the company you so eloquently pointed out.)