The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop! Whoop! September can't come soon enough! (Just kidding - I don't want to blast through my summer)

Kendrick Farris baby!

Eating vegan doesn't mean food automatically tastes "worse". This Ice Cream store makes hands down the best ice cream I have ever eaten: https://www.nicecreamcph.com/

I'm fairly convinced they'll be done for lying to the public and come clean about using animal fat in their products but until then it's nom nom NOM!

Edited by Eldron

Eating vegan doesn't mean food automatically tastes "worse". This Ice Cream store makes hands down the best ice cream I have ever eaten: https://www.nicecreamcph.com/

I'm fairly convinced they'll be done for lying to the public and come clean about using animal fat in their products but until then it's nom nom NOM!

Vegan ice cream is the ****! I make my own nice cream at home, using frozen bananas and plant milk/cream. So, so good! Chuck the bananas, milk/cream and flavourings (maple syrup/nuts/cocoa/whatever) in a processor and blend. 

Ben 'n Jerry's also have some pretty good vegan ice creams, if you want to try a store bought type. 

Social media is a cancer. Giving platforms so that one nut (or is it airbag in this case) can try to out gimmick the next for 'followers'. 

SMH. 

To be fair if she is drinking the right nutrient mix there is no danger is skipping solid foods. The headline is proper click baity.

Probably not great for the teeth though.

Vegan Cyclist Wins Epic 6,800km Trans Am Bike Race - Setting New Record Abdullah Zeinab cycled across America in just 16 days, 9 hours, and 56 minutes - beating the previous record by more than 10 hours

Vegan athlete Abdullah Zeinab has won the epic Trans Am Bike Race.

The race is an annual, 6,800km (4,191mile) self-supported, ultra-distance cycling race across the US. The route runs from Oregon to Virginia.

Zeinab - the only vegan in the race - completed the course in 16 days, 9 hours, and 56 minutes - smashing the previous record by more than 10 hours.

'Absolute legend'

Simone Simpson, Founder of bike tour Tour de Froth told Plant Based News: "We covered the entire race, updating daily on Zeinab's journey to blitzing the whole thing- beating the previous record and days ahead of second place.  

"The only vegan in the race. Absolute legend of a human."

'So proud'

Activist Joey Carbstrong congratulated the athlete on his victory, saying: "I'm so proud of my friend Abdullah Zeinab he has set a new course record cycling across America.

"Again I'm so proud of you brother! This is what one of the best plant-fueled athletes on earth looks like."

Zeinhab himself said of his victory: "Thank you for the support. Couldn't have done it without all of you. It's a win for all of us."

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/vegan-cyclist-wins-epic-6-800km-trans-am-bike-race?utm_content=buffere15c9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR3sfS3dhi8Qf24ckbMmk2agMbMUrfYIQwlkyFomD4EiZURXiMiUeg92zwU

2 interesting Freakonomics Radio podcasts if you can find them on your platform of choice. One on artificial meat and the other on fat burning/mitochondrial activity inducement drugs, the later not vegan but cycling connected.

post-41145-0-69505600-1562235679_thumb.jpg

Social media is a cancer. Giving platforms so that one nut (or is it airbag in this case) can try to out gimmick the next for 'followers'.

SMH.

From your fingers to God's eyes, mate. If I was a member of a terror cell, my path to 72 annoyances would be through a swan dive into Twitter HQ.

For all the UK hubbers: 

This is a @redtractorfood approved farm who also supply @morrisons 

The adverts you see on TV and the billboards you see above the supermarket butchers are nothing but propaganda! See the actual truth behind your “high welfare”, “all singing and all dancing” British MEAT☝????
There was piss,****, cockroaches, maggots, mice.. ???? weak, sick and injured pigs. 
The place was literally a **** pit! Another clever marketing technique, is the “animal enrichment” BS you hear about - did you see that chain with a block of wood on the end? Yeah, that’s their entertainment ☹️ and people genuinely think these animals live “happy lives!” No. They certainly do not!
Put yourself in their position. Just for a few seconds. Make the connection. Stop paying these farmers wages ???? - 

Patch, you're very privileged to live in a city such as London which is so progressive in regards to vegan options. There's just everything - from Gregg's garage pies, to KFC/McD type junk food to more fine dining and even high tea (if that's your thing).

Take the wifey to Farmacy for a nice dinner or lunch. Great place and delicious food! Best book in advance though, as it get's crazy busy.

For some fried food, check out Temple of Seitan. They've got a few locations. Also, check out Unity Diner. It's a cool place and nicely located if you want to get your hipster on in Hackney. Mildred's is also great - there's one a 10m walk from King's Cross.

Planet Organic is great if you want to do some speciality grocery shopping. They also offer packaging free cleaning liquids, which is pretty cool.

The coffee shop in our building is a Hank and Ginger, very anti plastic (corn straws, biodegradable cups etc) and lots of good veggie options, so helps with the meat free days.