Hot Wheels

Fruity

There's a Lego thread, so why not a Hot Wheels thread.

Any Hubbers collect Hot Wheels? and no I'm not talking about the lekker wheels you might buy for your bike, but the Hot Wheels die cast cars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Wheels

I decided it was time for another hobby, so I saw some Hot Wheels in Pick n Pay the other day. Bought myself 3 Hot Wheels cars to start with, and since my wife is a fan of Star Trek, I got her a Hot Wheels Star Trek Enterprise as well.

Will post a pic after work when I'm at home.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t collect but I buy for my lighty now an again. Damn sweet toys an reminds me of the matchbox cars of yesteryear.

There is an episode of west coast custom ( or of that ilk I forget whicj) where they build scar to resemble a hot wheels model from the 60s iirc. Damn interesting.

I buy a car every couple of months for my little one. Loves the things. Them, and Lego. 

Yeh, the last time I had Hot Wheels, I was probably your sons age. Nowadays I just like the idea of having funky looking die cast cars on display. Lego? too expensive for me to get into collecting it at the moment, what with other financial responsibilities. Will probably get a Lego set or two for our daughter when she's a bit older.

I don’t collect but I buy for my lighty now an again. Damn sweet toys an reminds me of the matchbox cars of yesteryear.

There is an episode of west coast custom ( or of that ilk I forget whicj) where they build scar to resemble a hot wheels model from the 60s iirc. Damn interesting.

Matchbox cars, now those are toy cabs that I haven't seen in a while.

Started buying for my 2 yr old son. He flippin loves cars, so thought it would be a nice thing to start for him.

Whom I kidding, I love it just as much 

Yip, I said to the Mrs the other day while we were in Pick n Pay that I wish we had son so I could get him some Hot Wheels, so that him and I could jam some toy cars together, but it's one of those things. Maybe we'll see how our daughter will react to the Hot Wheels in the next few months.

Yip, I said to the Mrs the other day while we were in Pick n Pay that I wish we had son so I could get him some Hot Wheels, so that him and I could jam some toy cars together, but it's one of those things. Maybe we'll see how our daughter will react to the Hot Wheels in the next few months.

I've been very lucky to have a boy who is so into cars as much as i was as a kid (gives me a good excuse to buy him all the toys that I want to play with and I see some Hot Wheels track sets he might be getting from Father Christmas) 

I used to love paging through my dads old car magazines as a kid. In my teenage years and early 20s I kept and collected all my Car magazines, with the idea of passing it on to my son/s one day. So I'll give that to him when he is a little older.

I also have a toy car loop the loop set I got as a present when I was 2 yrs old. 37 yrs later I opened it again, put in new batteries and set it up for the kids. Amazingly it still worked and my 5yr old daughter loved it just as much as my son, so there is still hope.

post-62386-0-54511000-1543496915_thumb.jpg

post-62386-0-12135700-1543496987_thumb.jpg

My kids has a shitload of hotwheels, not collecting as such, but we have been buying on and off for 18 years now.

I love them, think they are really cool, with some really kickass designs, and far out ideas.

My kids have quite a few but seem to have outgrown the craze now.

Ya I think that's what happened to me when I was a kid. The next thing came along and I lost interest in toy cars, although there's adults who make collecting Hot Wheels a serious hobby.

And here's the Star Trek Enterprise I got for my wife. She keeps it on the cabinet where she does her cross stitch sometimes.

764aea4dc83cd3efc56e42ea894cd6c8.jpg

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Saw a hotwheeels collection the other day on extreme collectors. Worth a pretty penny in mint condition.

I can believe it. I saw a YouTube vid the other day of an American dude who has a Hot Wheels collection that's worth a million dollars. I don't think I would go that far in collecting Hot Wheels, and I wish I had a million dollars.