Boost advice needed.

gummibear

I'm looking at purchasing a boost mtb frame.

Problem is that i have a non-boost 15X100mm fork.Can it be used or do i need a 15X110mm?

Tia

Non-boost fork will work, no problem.

You'll need to get a boost rear hub though. You can run a regular crankset as well but you will need boost cranks for optimal chainline.

I've just done the same thing.  I got the Hope boost adapter kit for my rear wheel and used my existing fork and crank.  No issues at all.

I've just done the same thing.  I got the Hope boost adapter kit for my rear wheel and used my existing fork and crank.  No issues at all.

You didn't need to dish the wheel?

you can get "boost" cranks for the most part just by using spacers that get the chainring spacing from 48-50mm non-boost range to 51-53mm Boost range. i guess if a crank says "boost" it already compensates for that extra 3mm. 

see here:

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/pages/understanding-chainline-for-optimal-1x-conversions-boost-and-non-boost

EDIT: easiest way if you have a "non Boost" crank would be to just use an extra spacer on the BB-drive side imo lol.

post-64325-0-59655300-1543569547_thumb.png

Archived