Salary payment advice needed

Vetplant

what software they use for that iterative design of the frame?

Topology optimization done with Altair Inspire in this case. But most high end CAD can do it, getting your load cases correct is the main trick.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you gonna steal the stapler when you leave?

I'm considering hanging on to the Laptop until they pay my backpay....

swap out the sugar for salt?

Absolutely, will do this. They owe you.

A friend of mine worked in the motor trade when the company went under. She new something was up when a "sheriff like" guy walked in the front door. So she quietly took her lunch brake, left by the back door, drove her company car out the garage,  around the block and parked it in the lot across the street. Then went back to work to discover the company was being liquidated and they had to leave the premises with immediate effect, taking only personal belongings. The doors were locked and sealed behind them.

So she walked out and drove home - in her company car. She used it for a number of months before the liquidators caught up with the fact that there was a car and that is was still in her possession. Then she returned it willingly. I am not sure if/when she ever got her final salary and leave pay but she did get a few months use of the car. And she got another job in the meantime.

Keep backups of that laptop - off site.

A friend of mine worked in the motor trade when the company went under. She new something was up when a "sheriff like" guy walked in the front door. So she quietly took her lunch brake, left by the back door, drove her company car out the garage, around the block and parked it in the lot across the street. Then went back to work to discover the company was being liquidated and they had to leave the premises with immediate effect, taking only personal belongings. The doors were locked and sealed behind them.

So she walked out and drove home - in her company car. She used it for a number of months before the liquidators caught up with the fact that there was a car and that is was still in her possession. Then she returned it willingly. I am not sure if/when she ever got her final salary and leave pay but she did get a few months use of the car. And she got another job in the meantime.

Keep backups of that laptop - off site.

Thanks, noted.

Sorry Swift, hijacking your thread for a bit.

Need some input for the HR guru's.

If a staff member passes away, to whom do you pay the salary and should you also pay the out standing leave ?

Sorry Swift, hijacking your thread for a bit.

Need some input for the HR guru's.

If a staff member passes away, to whom do you pay the salary and should you also pay the out standing leave ?

not an HR person - but it would be to the estate surely

just an aside hijack of a hijack...my mom has been without my dad's pension payment for 4 months now while the estate is being finalised. Remember to keep a pot of easily accessible cash in a bank account that can be withdrawn before the accounts are frozen

My mother had the exact same issue!

They eventually paid her a "salary" from the estate till all was resolved....that is about as much detail as I recall.

just an aside hijack of a hijack...my mom has been without my dad's pension payment for 4 months now while the estate is being finalised. Remember to keep a pot of easily accessible cash in a bank account that can be withdrawn before the accounts are frozen

No, if you die you are on permanent leave, so your current leave falls away.

so do you hold the salary back or do you pay it into the usual bank account ?

Hold it back until an executor is appointed. Pay into the Estate Late bank account once its opened.

Hold it back until an executor is appointed. Pay into the Estate Late bank account once its opened.

How long should that take? My father passed away on 7 November, but Citadel keeps telling me they have not been appointed yet as executor... it's been 15 weeks, feels like someone is not doing their job?

How long should that take? My father passed away on 7 November, but Citadel keeps telling me they have not been appointed yet as executor... it's been 15 weeks, feels like someone is not doing their job?

Someone isn’t.

Archived