Salary payment advice needed

Vetplant

Best wishes OP

A good couple of years ago I worked for a practice that had us working stupid hours, we started getting our salaries later and later, then one December when the bossman was over seas in OZ we missed our salary completely ... and my wife was pregnant with our first child at this point.

To add further insult to injury, a fax arrived while he was away with forms for immigration to OZ.

Two weeks later I resigned after getting a job offer from another company who heard what was going on and head hunted me.

Took a few months to get the outstanding salary, and this after threatening to go the legal route.

What I learnt from this is that it is all well being loyal to your place of work, but it is a two way street, and at some point you need to know where to draw the line and start making alternative arrangements while you are still in a position of power (Being employed) and then being able to choose your next place of work vs just taking what you can get.

If there are kids involved, then that line you draw in the sand happens a bit earlier than if you did not have kids.

Thanks. 

With two kids aged 3y and 2months I am really not going to hang around much longer.

We were told that by this coming Friday the shareholders will know whether there is a possible positive outcome or whether we are in for 6 months without pay. Needless to say, I might be making some big decisions this coming weekend. 

I at least have an interview with a company tomorrow and last week a director of another engineering firm told me I would fit right in with them, I just need to give him the word and we can sort something out.

So I at least have some prospects, but many of my colleagues don't have that luxury, or savings to fall back onto, my heart bleeds hardest for them.

Things are really tough out there, allot of places mulling retrenchments, so don't want to end up where last one in is first one out...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. 

With two kids aged 3y and 2months I am really not going to hang around much longer.

We were told that by this coming Friday the shareholders will know whether there is a possible positive outcome or whether we are in for 6 months without pay. Needless to say, I might be making some big decisions this coming weekend. 

A director of another engineering firm told me I would fit right in with them, I just need to give him the word and we can sort something out.

So I at least have some prospects, but many of my colleagues don't have that luxury, or savings to fall back onto, my heart bleeds hardest for them.

Things are really tough out there, allot of places mulling retrenchments, so don't want to end up where last one in is first one out...

Ummm your current employer has not paid you??? For how long ???

With 2 kids and you hoping they will pay you? What the actually heck are you waiting for if another company is offering you paying job !!!!!!!!!!!???

They have shown you ZERO as in ZERO commitment and loyalty. Actually total disrespect by no communication.

And you are waiting till the weekend ? Stuff thinking of other "perks" your current job offer things and think of your family.

Get the PRIORITIES straight.

TAKE THE NEW JOB !!! TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I'd have been outta there already. Why are you waiting? Another month like this is gonna be horrible. Hit up that director, give him the word that you're actively looking, and see what he can offer you.

You miss the post where he said the boss was liquidating?

I didn't, but short-term he should still be talking to that other director all the time. Moving should be the only option. Liquidation doesn't change that. 

And - that was SPLAT, not Swift. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

That was not me, other dude... Allot of okes in deep s% currently.

I hear you okes, I'll chat to that director again and see if we can get some sort of offer on the table ASAP. I am still hanging around because I don't have an actual offer on the table from anyone.

Annndddd....

Boss decided to liquidate the company.

Don't know all the details of how this will all wrap up with existing projects, but there are definitely more questions than answers at this stage

Jees, bro. Mehness. You got any prospects on teh horizon, P?

I hear you okes, I'll chat to that director again and see if we can get some sort of offer on the table ASAP. I am still hanging around because I don't have an actual offer on the table from anyone.

Log off from the BikeHUb, go outside your building and phone the director.

If the other guy is serious about talking, you will have an "interview" lined up within the next 5 minutes for either Thursday or Friday.

And if it is Friday dont forget to get a sick note from the doctor for your tummy bug as you cannot take one day sick leave on a Friday or Monday without a sick note.

I look forward to you telling us when your appointment is.

STOP STUFFING AROUND WITH THE FUTURE OF YOUR FAMILY !!!

Oh feck...I didn't realise that!

Log off from the BikeHUb, go outside your building and phone the director.

If the other guy is serious about talking, you will have an "interview" lined up within the next 5 minutes for either Thursday or Friday.

And if it is Friday dont forget to get a sick note from the doctor for your tummy bug as you cannot take one day sick leave on a Friday or Monday without a sick note.

I look forward to you telling us when your appointment is.

At this stage I'd tell them to stuff that requirement / rule. 

Swift&Aero, do you have an interview, based on the info in red ?

^What Slowbee said. Listen to him, there is no time to waste you have to do something now.

Annndddd....

Boss decided to liquidate the company.

Don't know all the details of how this will all wrap up with existing projects, but there are definitely more questions than answers at this stage

Is it a PTY LTD? 

Those are tricky things in that if you get audited the question is raised about if the business can make it another year from that point. If you answer yes and it doesnt there is trouble. Sometimes they have to make the call at that point and then it gets ugly from there.

I have been in contact with him, waiting for his feedback. I do have an interview with a different company tomorrow in the meantime.

:clap: :clap:

All the best for tomorrow.

EDIT: tomorrow is now today, what I am actually trying to say is good luck with the interview.