How The Crow got his Mojo back - a pictorial.

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done! Over the weekend allready. But from the amount of threats I received I wisely decided to post pics BEFORE I replace the white and couple of green cable ties.

You'll see on my post ride pics that the white is gone.

Crow, please give details on that seatpost.

What is it, how does it work etc - never seen one like it before (looks like a cable going to it as well - or am I mistaken?)

Or...I may just be an ignoramous about MTB (but they don't let me out much and I am only allowed one magazine a month as a result of the effort required to undo the special "jacket" that I have !!!Big%20smile)

Yeah i saw after i looked at the pix again. How awesome is that seatpost...?

Got one on my 'goose, SO much more confidence smashing huge dropoffs etc since i got it. Considering sacrificing a few extra grams n slapping one on my upcoming lightweight XC build. (to be featured on the hub in the next few weeks)

Nice Crow, is that the new rubber coated one?

I've got a nice method of using cable ties and housing ferruls to attach cables. Will assemble a "how-to" soon.

Where did you get the red cable end?

I've got a nice method of using cable ties and housing ferruls to attach cables. Will assemble a "how-to" soon.

Where did you get the red cable end?

Yes Mampara show em how to stop nasty cable rub.

I also need those cable ends...!
MTBaaisikilist2008-06-23 04:51:43

i have seen that seatpost!! Its a dream !! It is a remote controlled (i.e handlebar) automatic height adjustor (i.e hydraulic activated seat height adjustor).

It is flippen awesome !!!!

Like Slowbee says it's a hydraulic post. You can get it with remote on handlebar or lever under seat. You pull the lever and with your weight on the saddle it drops 3" or aywhere in between you choose to...as smooth as a baby's bottom. To extend it again you pull the lever again and it comes back to normal height.

Works like a bomb for single track and trail use. I don't have to stop at the top when I come down and I don't have to battle to pedal everytime the trails flattens out or starts climbing.

Life is beautiful.

It's a Crank Brothers Joplin and is imported by www.bicicletta.co.za

• 3 weeks later...