New bike(compact frame)

wisecrack

For 30k - buy a Felt FC and build up with Campag Chorus !! (still have some change left as well!!)

What will a BMC SLC01 Team frame set me back or is the frame alone more than my budgetTongue

wisecrack2008-06-16 00:38:24

What will a BMC SLC01 Team frame set me back or is the frame alone more than my budgetTongue

Give Petri a shout at Karstens Cycles  012 808 1880

see if he can do a deal

Yes thanks samma. Wayne Pheiffer cycles here in PE is the local BMC dealer and "Pedal Care" will deposit the money directly into his account so I will give him a shout. 

wisecrack2008-06-16 01:06:47

For 30k - buy a Felt FC and build up with Campag Chorus !! (still have some change left as well!!)

Wise words!!

Frame alone is R 27 000.00.

I'll go for the GT with Ultegra. Saw a black white and red one and it looked amazing. Was only 20k. So 10k can go towards a MTB/MTB upgrade or even a holiday so that you can recover faster.

This poses an interesting question.

I wonder if I would have been worse off if I was on a steel or alloy bike?

Seems like the carbon disintegrated with the impact.

Think of it this way... The energy from the crash had to go somewhere. Like in this case, into your bike and into your helmet. Be thankful your bike took the crunch, not you (too much!). Glad you're still around to talk about it.

Looks like an expensive mess. I hope you got insurance...!

Yes luckily I am insured.

I guess part of the healing process is getting to scheme what bike to get next.

I am however very thankful that I only broke or fractured 10 ribs and had a punctured lung amongst other not so traumatic injuries.

Don't know if I could have coped with being paralyzed or having head injuries :-(