Hope brake pad bolt

BaGearA

I managed to lose mine somehow and really really want to ride this weekend

If anyone knows of someone that has one

No a split pin won't work and A guide bolt also won't work

Why not use a split pin, with a small washer on the end and a thin piece of tubing over it, to protect the threads? Or even a bit of insulation tape should work?

If you buy a new set of pads (maybe from your LBS) then you'll get a new retaining bolt...

Unrelated, but related - I discovered that I'd somehow sheared the head off the bolt that mounts the brakes to the handlebars. Everyone in my family is pleading ignorance, and I am sure I would have noticed this if I had ridden it like that.

Now to figure out how to get the remaining bit out, and get a replacement.

post-275-0-04429900-1548404989_thumb.png

(Not my bike - something off the internet)

Unrelated, but related - I discovered that I'd somehow sheared the head off the bolt that mounts the brakes to the handlebars. Everyone in my family is pleading ignorance, and I am sure I would have noticed this if I had ridden it like that.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-01-25.png

Carefully drill a hole in the bolt and easy out

Carefully drill a hole in the bolt and easy out

I suspect I might be making this the bike shop's problem. I once tried to drill a RaceFace crank bolt and ended up having to replace the crank...

I suspect I might be making this the bike shop's problem. I once tried to drill a RaceFace crank bolt and ended up having to replace the crank...

Daryn at WBS is the man to do that.

Somebody with a lathe and a drill press could knock one of those up as a temp fix in less than an hour from a stainless steel cap screw if the threads are standard. 

Can you buy them loose locally?

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-01-25.png

If you could somehow make a slot in it you could use a screwdriver to get it out? Otherwise a screw extractor should work.

Generally the bolt is included in an original set of Hope pads. I'm sitting with the Hope sales rep and he suggests that you contact either The Bicycle Company or Epic Sports in Centurion, as they do carry original Hope products. I hope this helps.

Pic of bolt

Doesn't a new set of pads come with the bolt?

post-275-0-78708800-1548414032_thumb.png

EDIT: I see this was answered above - I got a little lost on the Hope webpage, lusting after lots of shiny things ;) 

Edited by Velouria