Dropout - where do I find one

Rolling Stone

Hi Guys

My son has a chinese Stren carbon frame and yesterday it had a bit too much development at HNP

Dropout broken.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these.

How do I add a pic here from my phone

Summit bikes in Cape Town

Edge Design here on bikehub

MTB TG here on bikehub

Willie Engelbrecht in Cape Town

Or if you get a picture i might have

That's not a drop out. It's a derailleur hanger.

Drop outs are where the wheels go and generally form part of the frame.

Hangers are generally frame specific, however most bike shops will have a box of them and with some searching you may find one that fits.

It's more than just the distance between the holes that determines if it will fit your frame or not.

From the looks of it it could very well be this hanger:

https://derailleurhanger.com/product/derailleur-hanger-63/

The hanger is found on certain Time and Vitus frames. I stand to be corrected but I don't think Vitus is available in this country but Time frames are brought in by J&J Cycling. Contact them on 012 807-5570 and see if maybe they can assist you. 

Alternatively you may need to have one manufactured by a company with a CNC machine. 

Go to Cajee in Meadowdale Mall

He's got a Box full of brand new ones. Maybe you get lucky, I did more than once.

From the looks of it it could very well be this hanger:

https://derailleurhanger.com/product/derailleur-hanger-63/

The hanger is found on certain Time and Vitus frames. I stand to be corrected but I don't think Vitus is available in this country but Time frames are brought in by J&J Cycling. Contact them on 012 807-5570 and see if maybe they can assist you. 

Alternatively you may need to have one manufactured by a company with a CNC machine. 

Thanks a bunch, I think that is the one.

Will give them a call first thing in the morning.

Archived