Hit&Run on Victoria Ave between Llandudno & Camps Bay

semisub

So a colleague of mine was regaling a tale earlier this week, of him having to sit behind two riders going up Franschhoek pass last weekend. He says he, and a string of cars behind him, were stuck behind these two morons, as he put it, for quite some time, since no one could pass, and the cyclists were happy to just sit there and keep everyone behind them stewing.

He considered waiting at the top after managing to pass them, and "klapping" the okes off their bikes before tossing said bikes over the edge.

He is a motorcyclist...

I declined to comment.

Perception. It's a thing.

where the cyclists supposed to evaporate for His Royal Highness, Prince of T***?

this is their general attitude. "Get out of my way"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, people get away with it.......

Cyclist using the road is for education purposes. Making vehicle users aware that cyclists belong there etc.

Maybe even some tv ads. This is X, these are his kids (a scene showing him playing with kids on a beach or park etc.) This is Y, she is a mother of 2. X cycles to work daily. Y rides weekends........ then scene change to different accidents where cyclists are involved with a caption of how many are run over yearly. End the ad with a scene of cars slowing down for a cyclists and caption/ statement share the road with fellow road users, cyclists, pedestrians, horse and cart, motorbikes.

Something has to be done, it needs a start somewhere. Even if a handful of people are made aware, its a success!

Indeed, people get away with it.......

Cyclist using the road is for education purposes. Making vehicle users aware that cyclists belong there etc.

Maybe even some tv ads. This is X, these are his kids (a scene showing him playing with kids on a beach or park etc.) This is Y, she is a mother of 2. X cycles to work daily. Y rides weekends........ then scene change to different accidents where cyclists are involved with a caption of how many are run over yearly. End the ad with a scene of cars slowing down for a cyclists and caption/ statement share the road with fellow road users, cyclists, pedestrians, horse and cart, motorbikes.

Something has to be done, it needs a start somewhere. Even if a handful of people are made aware, its a success!

If we ever start a campaign I'll vote for you as "The main man what counts in Marketing and Advertising" 

I love this idea it's smart

where the cyclists supposed to evaporate for His Royal Highness, Prince of T***?

this is their general attitude. "Get out of my way"

Same attitude of when a motorist over takes you only to stop 200 meters down the road but they've moved closer to the pavement and you can't pass.....  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Same attitude of when a motorist over takes you only to stop 200 meters down the road but they've moved closer to the pavement and you can't pass.....  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Or the even more popular overtake followed by an immediate left turn and assumption that you have the ability to levitate at will with the optional confused/wounded/angry expression when you indicate your displeasure.

I always remember this add from when I lived in 'Straya mate!

Whoaaaaaa dude give us a warning, my heart dropped when I saw that kid ride into the street! 

Serious message with a serious ad, I like it.

I like this, ad is there, cycle sa or whoever should make negotiations for the ad and airtime, even in cinemas.

But we can start by sending it all over social media

Whoaaaaaa dude give us a warning, my heart dropped when I saw that kid ride into the street! 

Serious message with a serious ad, I like it.

The Strayans don't mince around with their adds... Neither do the kiwis.

Their drunk driving stuff is amazing..

I suppose what I'm saying is I remember these adds. One from 8 years ago when I lived in NZ, one from 20 odd years ago when I lived in Straya.

A well constructed, powerful add campaign does wonders. If our SANDF can spend millions of our tax payers money on a 'Show of Force' in February, I'm pretty sure we have a few hundred thousand for an advert to promote better road safety.

They are shooting live rounds from Muizenberg beach at targets in the sea! WTF!

Tanks on the ecologically protected beach and sand dunes.... I just don't know anymore....

Archived