More Enduro in Gauteng Area

Odin775

@MarcBurger. There are lots of great plans. Charl is putting together at least 3 extra Enduro lines off the top of Harties if I remember correctly. The iron throne bike park will also host the SA Enduro Champs later on in the year. With a number of SA firsts ... I can't say much now. But CSAs Gravity division and Charl and his team have something RAD planned. You won't want to miss it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than that the Mpumalanga guys are on it as well and are planning a full series that will be sanctioned and everything. Chatting to schalk they have some absolutely amazing venues planned and sponsors etc. So after the apocalypse is over there will be some amazing Enduro events starting up north of the boerewors curtain.

Definitely putting this one down in the calendar, hopefully will still be able to go ahead as scheduled

post-13500-0-25132300-1585112711_thumb.jpg

It's not exactly Enduro (you get shuttled to the top of the hill, but it is Enduro style riding down), but the DRI events are worth a visit too:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676898132559396/

True in the sense of shuttles rather than riding to the trail head but like you say the trails are not all out DH. Never done this even but it always seems to get a lot of thumbs up.

The Jock road race is the Saturday before so can get in some practice runs on the sunday before the event. (2 weekends in a row of riding in the lowveld, doesn't get better than that)

Lets hope it will go ahead

True in the sense of shuttles rather than riding to the trail head but like you say the trails are not all out DH. Never done this even but it always seems to get a lot of thumbs up.

The Jock road race is the Saturday before so can get in some practice runs on the sunday before the event. (2 weekends in a row of riding in the lowveld, doesn't get better than that)

Lets hope it will go ahead

You don't really need to do practice runs before the event. Each day is like 8:00 - 11:00 do as many practice runs as you want then one race run each day after all the practice. Can easily fit in at least 5-6 practice runs a day because it's a pretty short course.

• 2 months later...

Some exciting possibilities on the horizon for Gauteng enduro.

I rode at Thaba trails yesterday and was told they are starting to put in an enduro trail with the idea of having 5 complete trails in the future and hosting events under the DRI banner.

Some exciting possibilities on the horizon for Gauteng enduro.

I rode at Thaba trails yesterday and was told they are starting to put in an enduro trail with the idea of having 5 complete trails in the future and hosting events under the DRI banner.

I thought Thaba was sold off to developers

.... The iron throne bike park will also host the SA Enduro Champs later on in the year. With a number of SA firsts ... I can't say much now. But CSAs Gravity division and Charl and his team have something RAD planned. You won't want to miss it

I've just seen on Facebook that Enduro Champs are cancelled

https://www.facebook.com/CyclingSA/posts/3067231469978960

https://www.cyclingsa.com/news-and-press/2020/6/26/covid19-national-event-status-updates?fbclid=IwAR1KNhrKRNIPZKGNeLbA7d1ScHRabuPR5hJn2Rpyum8uKByIgAGeI-_Hcj8

Edited by tux26