Jonkershoek route advice

Craig Armstrong

Going there tomorrow morning, all the way from Tzaneen.

Sounds like I'll do Fire hut and Armageddon.

Maybe I'll check Iron monkey and Status quo if I have time (and legs) left...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going there tomorrow morning, all the way from Tzaneen.

Sounds like I'll do Fire hut and Armageddon.

Maybe I'll check Iron monkey and Status quo if I have time (and legs) left...

I have ridden with you once in Tzaneen, c'mon man - you are way too skilled to just ride those trails! Firehut and Iron Monkey for the win....

Yes, I remember that day...

Because I ended up OTB and eating dirt on a very small jump hahaha I seriously enjoyed that trail you built though!

So I rode Firehut (a bit lame...) then went to the top and started with Armageddon, then onto Iron monkey and finished with the third part of Status quo. That was NICE.

Then I went back to the top of Armageddon do finish with a full run of that and when at the top I noticed that my front tyre was FLAT.

So I started pushing the bike towards the gate

After about half an hour I met 3 guys going up and they saved my life with a CO2 can that was good to inflate my tyre to 70% of what it was meant to be. I just went back to the gate no problem on the big roads...

So I rode Firehut (a bit lame...) then went to the top and started with Armageddon, then onto Iron monkey and finished with the third part of Status quo. That was NICE.

Then I went back to the top of Armageddon do finish with a full run of that and when at the top I noticed that my front tyre was FLAT.

So I started pushing the bike towards the gate

After about half an hour I met 3 guys going up and they saved my life with a CO2 can that was good to inflate my tyre to 70% of what it was meant to be. I just went back to the gate no problem on the big roads...

.aaaargh. A top to bottom Armageddon run is no small thing especially at speed. Bummed you didn't get to do it properly.

Yeah, Fire Hut is good to get your eye in. I preferred it when there were trees there, but hey. It's a flow trail that lets you get the eyes open and reactions faster.

• 4 weeks later...

Did a ride up to the Saaltjie today, and then down Armageddon from top to bottom. What an awesome trail. Really well maintained, specially at the top, and it stretched my technical abilities on my XC bike.

Kudos to the trail builders.

BTW, did it with my wife and oldest son. They both enjoyed it, and my son reckon it is way better than Never Ending Story.

We will probably do Fire Hut next time we go.

Edited by Moridin

Did a ride up to the Saaltjie today, and then down Armageddon from top to bottom. What an awesome trail. Really well maintained, specially at the top, and it stretched my technical abilities on my XC bike.

Kudos to the trail builders.

BTW, did it with my wife and oldest son. They both enjoyed it, and my son reckon it is way better than Never Ending Story.

We will probably do Fire Hut next time we go.

flippin absolutely. 

Fire Hut is more chilled than Armageddon, and is normally quite a nice warm up for the eyes & legs & lungs. 

flippin absolutely.

Fire Hut is more chilled than Armageddon, and is normally quite a nice warm up for the eyes & legs & lungs.

We should go rip Jonkershoek again old man, maybe pull Eddy G along too

• 2 weeks later...